Description of the CM-5 main controller
The CM-5 main controller contains a board with a ATMega128 microcontroller and connectors to communicate with the TTL protocol. It is meant to control AX (Bioloid kits) and MX-xxT (DarwinOp humanoid robot) Dynamixel servomotors (warning, MX-xxR Dynamixel servomotoirs use RS485 communication protocol).
The CM-5 main controller is shipped with its sturdy plastic shell that offers you many screw holes to attach your Dynamixel servomotors.
You can connect a ZIG-100 wireless module directly on the electronic board of the CM-5 main controller.
You can supply for the CM-5 main controller with a 9.6V NiMH battery (sold separately) or a SMPS 12V 5A (sold separately).
Warning, the CM-5 main controller can't replace the CM-510 main controller of the Bioloid Premium kit.
Connecting your CM-5 main controller
- Power Switch: The switch to connect the power.
- Power Jack : The socket to connect the power jack of SMPS (12V 5A, not included).
- PC Link (Serial Cable): The port to connect the serial port of CM-5 and PC using serial cable (Bioloid seriel BSC-10 cable, not included); It is used for task code download or communication with PC.
- Start Button : The button to select the mode.
- MODE button: The button to change the operation mode of CM-5. The three mode LED display the current mode:
- MANAGE: Dynamixel Management Mode, used to set or test the operations of CM-5 and AX/MX Dynamixel using RoboPlus Manager. Automatically executed when RoboPlus Manager and CM-5 main controller are connected.
- PROGRAM: motion edit mode, used when the motions are edited with RoboPlus Motion. Automatically executed when RoboPlus Motion and CM-5 main controller are connected.
- PLAY: task code mode. Used after downloading the written code to CM-5 main controller with with RoboPlus Task. The Start button must be pressed directly by the user to execute when PLAY LED flickers.
- POWER LED: Turned on if the power is ON; flickers if it is being charged.
- U / L / D / R Button : The assigned buttons used for entering purpose during the program operation; commands to
robots are transmitted by these buttons.
- Status Display LED: TxD LED is on while CM-5 main controller is transmitting the data to the outside, RxD LED is on while CM-510 main controller is receiving the data from the outside. The AUX led is at your disposal, it can be turned ON or OFF using task code.
- AX/MX Bus Port (3 pin): Used to connect the AX/MX-xxT Dynamixel servomotors in a daisy chain method.
Specifications of the CM-5 main controller
- Weight : 125.95g (excluding battery)
- Controller : ATMega128
- Working Voltage : 7 ~ 12V. Recommended Voltage: 9.6V (Bioloid NiMH battery).
- Consumed Currents
- When IDLE : 50mA
- Total Maximum Current : 5A (Fuse)
- Working Temperature : -5℃~70℃
- 4 3-Pin Connector for Dynamixel using TTL Communication