Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Overview of the Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller
The Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller is one of Pololu's latest second-generation controllers. It can be used in three different ways: using the USB interface to control from a computer, using the TTL serial interface for embedded devices, and also without any external controller thanks to its embedded scripts system.
The channels of the Micro Maestro Servo controller are multipurpose: they can of course be configured as PWM output to control servos or ESCs, but also as digital outputs and analog/digital inputs. Thanks to this versatility, the Micro Maestro Servo controller can read information from external sensors and use them to control servors or other external actuators, either using an external controller, or using the embedded scripts
The Micro Maestro Servo controller offers a high precision and resolution (0.25µs), making it the perfect match for high performance robotic applications. Each channel can be controlled in speed or acceleration, removing the burden on the external controller so that it can perform other high level tasks. The pulse rate can be configured from 33 to 100Hz allowing it to control a wide range of servos. The Micro Maestro Servo controller can also be daisy-chained with other Pololu control devices on the same serial line.
A free graphical configuration tool is provided allowing you to configure and test your Micro Maestro Servo controller from Windows and Linux, but also to create animation sequences and scripts. These can be stored inside the 1KB internal memory of the Micro Maestro. These scripts and animations can be triggered and executed without the use of any external controller.
Features of the Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller
- Three control methods: USB, TTL serial (5V), embedded scripts
- Pulse width resolution: 0.25µs (corresponding to 0.025° on a typical servo)
- Configurable pulse rate: 1 to 333Hz
- Pulse width range: 64 to 3280µs
- Individual speed and acceleration control for each channel
- Possible to configure a target position for each channel when the device stops or on error
- Multi-purpose channels:
- Digital outputs (0 or 5V)
- Analog inputs (channels 0-5)
- PWM output with frequency from 2.93kHz to 12MHz with 10 bits resolution
- Embedded scripts mechanism to perform complex actions without external control
- Extensive user documentation
- Free graphical tool for configuration and control from Windows and Linux:
- Configuration and test of the controller
- Creation, storage and execution of motor animations
- Creation, storage, execution and step-by-step execution of embedded scripts.
- Two computer control methods:
- Using a virtual COM port, can be used with any language providing a serial communication library
- Using the Pololu USB SDK, can send natuve USB commands, provided with many examples in C#, Visual Basic .NET, Visual C++
- Specifications of the TTL serial communication:
- Communication speed from 300 to 200000 bps in fixed mode, and from 300 to 115200 bps en mode in autodetect mode
- Simultaneous support or Pololu protocol, giving access to advanced funtionalities, and of the Scott Edwards MicroSSC II protocol (without any configuration)
- Can be daisy-chained with other Pololu controllers on the same serial line
- Can retrieve information from multiple Micro Maestro connected on the same serial line (except Micro Maestro)
- Can be used as a USB to TTL serial adapter when controlling from the computer
- Power supply can be provided either through the USB port, or using a 5 to 16V battery. A 5V regulated output is avaiblable for the user.
- Firmware can be upgraded.
Specifications of the Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller
- Number of channels: 6
- Number of analog inputs: 6
- Input voltage: 5 to 16V
- Supply current : 30mA (with USB connection which takes an extra 10mA
- Size: 2.16x3.05cm
- Weight: 3g without connectors (4.8g with connectors)
- Configurable pulse rate: 33 to 100Hz
- Pulse width range: 64 to 3280µs
- Internal memory for scripts: 1KB