Autodesk VEX Educational Robotics Curriculum
The Vex Robotics Curriculum is a full curriculum that targets students, teachers and enthusiasts. In this course you will learn step by step what a robot is and discover how to structure the process leading to the design and implementation of a robot.
No special skills are required in programming or robotics. The content of the curriculum was made for people with high school level.
In this course you will learn to master the fundamentals of robotics and the engineering design process while using Autodesk Inventor (you will need to download a free version of Autodesk Inventor as Autodesk Inventor is not included) and robotics kit from Vex Robotics (sold separately on this site).
The curriculum is provided in the form of a DVD that installs all the sources of the course on your PC. This curriculum is in English. The course is organized into 17 units and 4 projects.
- Unit 1: Introduction to VEX and Robotics
- Unit 2: Introduction to Autodesk® Inventor®
- Unit 3: Building a Protobot
- Unit 4: Microcontroller and Transmitter Overview
- Unit 5: Speed, Power, Torque and DC Motors
- Unit 6: Gears, Chains and Sprockets
- Unit 7: Advanced Gears
- Unit 8: Friction and Traction
- Unit 9: Drivetrain Design 1
- Unit 10: Drivetrain Design 2
- Unit 11: Creating a Tank Tread Drive
- Unit 12: Object Manipulation
- Unit 13: Rotating Joints
- Unit 14: Accumulator Design
- Unit 15: Linkages
- Unit 16: Bumper and Limit Switch
- Unit 17: Systems Integration
Each unit is structured to cover the design process from A to Z: Think, Create, Build, Test. References to other disciplines as well as case studies are provided in this curriculum. Finally, information for teachers is included in this course to monitor the progress of students in this curriculum.