Transparent Chassis for Mobile Robot Pololu
Description of Pololu's chassis for mobile robots
This chassis for mobile robots is a round piece of acrylic of diameter 127 mm (5") and 3mm thick. It has many cutouts so you can mount wheels and motoreductors very easily, as well as many other components such as:
- A microcontroler card Arduino Duemilanove
- A Pololu Sharp infrared proximity sensor (8 possible locations)
- Expansion kits for Pololu's 3pi mobile robot (expansion kit or kit with mbed socket)
Create your own mobile robot with Pololu's chassis for mobile robot
To create your mobile robot, you need at least:
- Pololu's chassis for mobile robot
- Two 42x19 mm wheels
- One caster wheel
- Two 10x12mm motoreductors with their mounting brackets (18mm between the mounting holes). Advised ratio for the motoreductors: between 30:1 and 210:1.
- Two encoders if you wich to do odometry. Otherwise, they can be replaced by the two 1.5mm spacers provided with the chassis for mobile robots, that keep the chassis at the same height.
The motors can be mounted top or bottom of the chassis for mobile robots. If they are mounted bottom, the chassis will be at approximatively 2.5 cm from the ground while if mounted top, the distance between the ground and the chassis will be approximatively 1cm. You have to choose the diameter of your caster wheel to adapt to the configuration of your mobile robot.