The Infrared Line Follower kit
The sensor has 8 IR emitters and 8 IR receivers to easily track a line on the ground. Using this sensor, you'll be able to create a high-precision line-following application. To detect a line on the ground is as easy as read the state of each IR receiver to know whether they detect white or black and then determine where the robot is compare to the line.
This Infrared Line Follower kit is an ideal solution for robotics contests.
The following video shows the Infrared Line Follower kit on a Boe-Bot mobile robot.
Main technical specifications of the Infrared Line Follower kit
- Onboard 3V regulator for easy use with Propeller-powered robots.
- Easily adjustable 38-43 kHz IR frequency using an onboard potentiometer.
- Onboard LEDs for instant line detection communication.
- High immunity to ambient lighting conditions
- Power requirements: 3.3 to 5.5 VDC maximum 35 mA working, 30 µA when disabled.
- Dimensions : 7.7 x 3.4 cm
- Operating temp range: 32 to 140 °F (0 to 50 °C)
Click on the following image to download the PDF documentation of the Infrared Line Follower kit: