The Fez Cerb40 mainboard
The Fez Cerb40 mainboard comes in a compact DIP40 format and does not provide Gadgeteer sockets, i.e. we cannot connect the standard Gadgeteer modules. The Fez Cerb40 uses the same Cortex M4 processor as the Gadgeteer Fez Cerberus mainboard and like her older sister is also programmable using the .NET Micro Framework. Once the prototype is easily done using the Gadgeteer Fez Cerberus, developers use this Fez Cerb40 mainboard as a permanent board in small production batches where sensors are soldered. This Fez Cerb40 board is the compact version of the Gadgeteer cards for production purpose.
The Fez Cerb40 mainboard is entirely open-source (hardware and software).
The Fez Cerb40 mainboard is programmable using the .NET micro Framework, .NET Gadgeteer and also native code.
Technical specifications of the Fez Cerb40 mainboard
The technical specificatins of the Fez Cerb40 mainboard are as follows:
- .NET Micro Framework 4.2 (supporting C# and Visual Basic)
- 168Mhz 32bit STM32F4 processor with floating point.
- 1MB FLASH and 192KB RAM.
- Runs FEZ Cerberus software.
- Very compact yet exposing 36IOs.
- Software and hardware support, but not limited to, PWM, AnalogIn, AnalogOut, UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, USB Client, USB Host.
- Dimensions: 5,08 cm x 1,9 cm (2.0 x 0.75 inches)
- Power: 3,3 V
- Available power modes: Active, Idle, Hibernate
- The Fez Cerb40 mainboard is ROHS and Lead-free compliant
Unlike other Gadgeteer boards, this product is for users with hardware and soldering experience
Technical documentation of the Fez Cerb40 mainboard
All the necessary information to program the fez Cerb40 mainboard is available in the Gadgeteer Fez Cerberus starter Guide. Click on the following image to download this guide.