JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Overview of the JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback
The JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback offers a bidirectional control for one DC brush motor. It can receive commands from one of its four different interfaces:
- USB plug connected to a computer. The JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback has a mini-B USB connector. A serial port is emulated to allow direct connection.
- Full-duplex TTL-level asynchronous serial interface to receive digital commands directly from a microcontroller or another embedded device
- Hobby radio control (RC) pulse width interface for direct connection to an RC receiver or RC servo controller.
- Analog voltage between 0 and 5V for a command by potentiometer or analog joystick.
The JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback can command in open loop but can also get a feedback value to enslave the motor in closed loop. The return values can be:
- Analog voltage between 0 and 5V for a position feedback
- Digital signal from a frequency sensor or tachometer up to 2MHz with 1ms PID period
To best adapt to your robot, the JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback is shipped with the connectors included but not soldered. You can choose to solder the connectors (step 0.100" or 2.54mm) to have an easily removed board or to solder directly the power, command, motor... cables to gain room.
The JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback has three holes to be easily mounted inside your robot.
Technical specifications of the JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback
- Voltage range : 6V to 16V
- Output current: 12A continuous, 30A peaks
- Current limitation
- Reverse voltage protection
- Firmware update possible
- Automatic baudrate detection: 300 - 115 200 bps
- PWM frequencies : 20kHz or 5kHz
- Weight: 14g
- Dimensions: 35x47mm
You will find all specifications and explanations for the JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback in the user's guide.
Configuration software for the JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback
The JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback has to be configured by the free windows software provided by Pololu, that you can download here. It is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8. Once the motor controller is configured, it can be commanded by a computer running Windows, MacOS or Linux.
The configuration software allows you to configure several parameters of the JRK 12v12 motor controller with feedback, as the period and parameters of the PID, the maximal current, the maximal duty cycle, the maximal acceleration and the error response.
It also allows you to produce curves to see the state of your motor.