The Shield Bot is a stackable Arduino Shield that transforms your Arduino into a fully featured beginner robot.
Shield-bot, an easy-to-use Arduino shield
The Shield Bot has been designed with on board line following sensors and full of expansion ports, helping you to learn about robotics, electronics and programming.
- Easy to start: The Shieldbot is plug & play, so can be ready to use within a few minutes
- Expandable: solderless grove expansion ports enable easy attachment of more sensors, and shield headers allow the use of additional Arduino shields
- Open Source: Its designed to be modified, adapted and transformed into whatever you want!
- Arduino Based: The Shieldbot is an Arduino shield, so the extensive Arduino community and shield ecosystem will make your project ideas limitless!
- 5x IR reflectance sensors for line and edge following
- 900 mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery
- Two durable 160:1 micro metal gearmotors
- 6x Grove expansion ports
- Stackable shield headers
Shield-bot functional interface
- Power Switch: When ShieldBot is off, The shield bot can not run. But you can use the USB Charge Port to charge for battery
- USB Charge Port: USB mini-B, used for charging for battery.
- Grove Ports: Grove ports access pins D0, D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, A4, A5.can connect Grove modules to these Grove ports
- IR Line Finder Potentiometer: Used for adjusting the Line Finders Sensitivity
- IR Line Finders: S1 to S5. Blue if non reflective surface is detected (ex Black tape line)
- Enable Switch: Turn switch towards "ON" to connect line finders to I/O pins(Occupied pins are A0,A1,A2,A3,D4) of Arduino
- Arduino Shield Expansion Headers: Shield Bot can stack other Arduino shields
Note about Shield-bot functional interface
- If S5 is enabled you can’t use grove ports j14 and j13.
- You may only use ONE of the arduino’s serial line, uart grove port or j11 as they all share the D1/TX line