MiniPOV4 - Persistence-of-Vision & Light Painting Kit
As always with Adafruit, let your artist’s soul express itself while learning the art of soldering with this MiniPOV4 kit: an electronic device for painting with light! DISCONTINUED PRODUCT
Persistence-of-Vision & Light Painting Kit: Let there be light!
This little electronic device works on a very simple principle: 8 RGB LEDs emit their light and create patterns, symbols, and letters using the persistence of vision phenomenon. Take a photo of your ephemeral masterpiece: it’s as if you’d created a rainbow from scratch! You can program your images using digital drawing tools like the one offered for download.
MiniPOV4 1776 Kit: The best training for soldering apprentices!
If the artistic aspect of the project isn’t enough to persuade you, remember this kit comprises over 30 elements that you’ll have to assemble together and connect up to the Atmega328P microcontroller supplied in the kit. Your cutters and soldering iron are going to be kept busy!
Below is a link to a video presenting the MiniPOV4 kit:
Technical specifications of the MiniPOV4 Kit
This kit includes:
- 1 ATmega328P 8-bit microcontroller
- 4 × 2.2 kΩ 5% ¼ W resistors
- 1 × 0.1 µF ceramic capacitor
- 1 × 100 µF / 6 V capacitor
- 1 male 2×3 plug, 0.1”
- 3 standard PN2222 transistors
- 1 × 28-pin socket
- 10 × 47 Ω resistors
- 1 strip of rectangular self-adhesive foam
- 1 × 12 MHz ceramic oscillator
- 2 × 3.6 V Zener diodes
- 1 type B USB socket
- 8 “Piranha” RGB LEDs
- 1 MiniPOV4 PCB
- 1 breadboard trim potentiometer
- 1 3×AAA battery holder with on/off switch and 2-pin JST
- Dimensions (assembled): 70 x 39 x 30 mm
Resources for the MiniPOV4 Kit:
The resources below contain information that will help you get started more easily with the MiniPOV4: