Z-Wave.Me Z-Wave USB Controller + Z-Way Software
Z-Wave USB Controller: your “Z-Waving” magic wand!
What is the Z-Wave USB Controller? Quite simply a USB stick that allows you to control your modules and operate a wireless communication between your connected objects and the Z-Wave network.
All you have to do is connect it to a main processor and it will be able to control up to 232 devices found in your home (in other words, all the electrical appliances you possess if you so wish!).
To use your Z-Wave USB Controller, you’ll need to download the Z-Way Software to your computer (with the RaZberry Expansion Board, you have access to Z-Way and Z-Cloud, which is used to program your events in Windows).
Video presentation of the Z-Way software
Z-Way Software: control your environment
The Z-Way Software above all allows you to include or exclude devices in your home automation system. Such devices can include those connected to your computer, the lighting in your home or an electric gate.
Navigate through this generally easy-to-use software (available only in English), and you’ll find out how to turn on or off your devices, check their status, visualise a plan of your home room by room and even consult detailed information on all your communications with the Z-Wave network (expert mode). In short, everything you need to remain connected to your connected home!
Navigate through this generally easy-to-use software (available only in English), and you’ll find out how to turn on or off your devices, check their status, visualise a plan of your home room by room and even consult detailed information on all your communications with the Z-Wave network (expert mode).
In short, everything you need to remain connected to your connected home!
Z-Way also includes an API allowing you to program your own home automation events by creating your own scripts on Linux.
Technical specifications of the Z-Wave USB Controller + Z-Way Software
Z-Wave USB Controller:
- Back-up and recovery function including network topology
- Up to 20 possible command classes thanks to an extended node information frame
- Optimised transmission queue to speed up the transmission process
- Software update at OS level
- Extended wake-up notification
- Designed to extend the battery life of the devices controlled in the network
- Watchdog function
- Full Z-Wave based Smart Home Gateway
- Complete Z-Wave network management (inclusion, exclusion, reorganisation)
- Device configuration and querying
- Management of direct associations between devices
- Sensor access and polling
- Use of actuators and feedback on their status
- Automation engine with rules, scripts, timers
- Job queue management
- Tested with Raspbian Wheezy and OpenElecOS
- Z-Wave network controller based on Sigma SDK version 4.54
- Supports the following command classes: Association, Basic, Battery, Configuration, Manufacturer Specific, Meter, Multichannel, Multichannel Association, MultiCommand, NodeNaming, SensorBinary, SensorMultilevel, SwitchAll, SwitchBinary, SwitchMultilevel, ThermostatMode, ThermostatSetpoint, Version, Wakeup
- Has a native C level API plus a web-based JSON API
- Local script based on Google Java Script Engine v8
- Optimised data subscription model to reduce the transfer of data over the Web
- Translation and localisation based on XML languages files
- Uses the Pepper One Z-Wave device database or configuration and association
Resources for Z-Wave.Me: Z-Wave USB Controller and Z-Way Software
Below are a few links that will help you better understand the world of Z-Wave: