Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB
Overview of the Raspberry Pi Model B
The Raspberry Pi Model B is a complete, compact and powerful microcomputer perfectly suited for advanced robotic projects and home automation. It features a ARM11 processor running at 700MHz with 512MB of RAM, allowing you to perform complex computations such as image and sound processing, networking, displaying. It can also be connected to external sensors and actuators thanks to its GPIOs.
Connectors on the Raspberry Pi Model B allow you to directly connect a USB keyboard and an HDMI or composite screen along with audio input/output. The Model B also features an Ethernet plug to connect it to your local area network to be used as a server or to access resources over the internet.
The Raspberry Pi Model B can run many different (and mainly Linux-based) operating systems. It can also embed the ROS robotic middleware, giving access to the full ecosystem of ROS fonctionalities, speeding up the development of your robotic projects.
Features of the Raspberry Pi Model B
- SoC Broadcom BCM2835 featuring CPU, GPU, DSP, and SDRAM
- CPU: 700 MHz ARM1176JZF-S (ARM11 family)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV, OpenGL ES 2.0, 1080p30 h.264/MPEG-4 AVC
- Memory (SDRAM): 512 MB
- Video outputs: Composite RCA, HDMI
- Audio outputs: 3.5 mm jack, HDMI
- Storage: Card reader for SD, MMC, SDIO
- Networking: Ethernet RJ45 10/100
- USB: Dual USB 2.0 connectors
- Dimensions: 8.6 x 5.4 x 1.7 cm