Dynamixel Pro H54-200-S500-R
The Dynamixel Pro H54-200-S500-R servomotor is really precise and powerful. Its several control options makes it a really high-standard servomotor. DISCONTINUED PRODUCT
The Dynamixel servomotors
Presenting the Dynamixel range
Dynamixel servomotors from Robotis are digital servomotors than contain:
- a servomotor
- a gear train
- a microcontroller
The microcontroller receives communication packets and drives the servomotor accordingly.
The Dynamixel Pro range
Dynamixel Pro servomotors are more precise and more powerful than the Dynamixel servomotors. They are intended for a profesionnal use.
- A precise sensor feedback 303 750 positions per turn for the servomotors with 300:1 gear ration, 502 000 for those with 500:1 gear ratio!
- Several feedback readings available for the controller: current position, speed, voltage...
- Error detections : the servomotor stops by itself if it detects a wrong voltage (too high or too low), temperature issue, encoder error.
- PID control with adjustable parameters : manage the stiffness of your robot. You can define a maximal speed and acceleration to control the servomotor with a speed trapeze.
- All-around assembling structure: you can make robots of various forms as using different option frames.
- 3 programmable Status LED
- Easy Daisy-chain wiring
Warning, the most powerful servomotors from the Dynamixel Pro range (54 serie) need to be powered with an external power source, in parallel
This video gives you an overview on the Dynamixel Pro servomotors:
All Dynamixel Pro servomotors
This picture will help you to understand the names of the Dynamixel Pro servomotors :
Programming the Dynamixel Pro servomotors
The Dynamixel Pro servomotors are controlled from a computer using a USB2DYNAMIXEL. They can be commanded from the RoboPlus software, mostly used for tests or to change the Ids of servomotors, in C/C++, Python, Matlab or ROS (Robot Operating System).
The Dynamixel Pro H54-200-S500-R
- High performance
- Dimensions : 54mm x 54mm x 126mm
- Straight gear
- Output power: 200W
- Gear Reduction Ratio : 502:1
- Resolution: 502000 positions
- Communication: RS-485
Resources for H54-200-S500-R Dynamixel Pro servomotor
- Our article : Discover Dynamixel Pro servomotors for robotics
- The H54-200-S500-R servomotor on the Robotis website
- Moment of inertia
- Robotis e-Manual for H54-200-S500-R
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.