9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp LSM9DS0 Breakout Board
9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp LSM9DS0 Breakout Board: three 3-axis sensors for 9 degrees of freedom!
The system-in-package designed by STMicroelectronics consists of 3 sensors allowing you to accurately measure position, speed, direction and movement once integrated into the Arduino projects of your choice. The 9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp LSM9DS0 Breakout Board includes:
- one 3-axis accelerometer, allowing you to determine gravity and acceleration in 3D
- one 3-axis magnetometer, measuring the magnetic force (and which will therefore tell you where the north is!)
- one 3-axis gyroscope, for evaluating rotation for example
The 9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp LSM9DS0 Breakout Board includes an I2C interface (for the 100 kHz and 400 kHz “standard” and “fast” modes) and an SPI interface for the standard mode only. It also has a built-in thermometer to offer you a full range of measurements.
9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp LSM9DS0 Breakout Board: ideal for Arduino
In light of the impressive performance of the 9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp Breakout Board, Adafruit has designed a development board allowing you to easily connect this set of sensors to your Arduino. It has a 3 V regulator and a voltage level shifting circuit to offer full compatibility with 3 and 5 V microcontrollers (Arduino and other compatible boards).
Connection with Arduino couldn’t be simpler, you just have to use the sensors’ I2C interface (Power VIN and GND connected to the 3–5 Vdc, I2C data retransmitted via the SCL and SDA pins), although you can also use the SPI.
The board is equipped with 4 mounting holes for safe assembly, and is delivered fully assembled and ready to use!
You can find an introduction video of the 9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp LSM9DS0 Breakout Board below:
Technical specifications of the development board for 9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp LSM9DS0 Breakout Board
- Three acceleration channels, angular rate channels, magnetic field channels
- Linear acceleration full scale of ±2/±4/±6/±8/±16 g
- Magnetic full scale of ±2/±4/±8/±12 gauss
- Angular rate full scale of ±245/250/±2000 dps
- 16-bit data output
- SPI/I2C serial interfaces
- 2.4 V–3.6 V analogue supply voltage
- Power-down mode/low-power mode
- Programmable interrupt generators
- Embedded self-test
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded FIFO memory
- Position and motion detection functions
- Click/double-click recognition
- Intelligent power saving for handheld devices
- RoHS, “Green” and ECOPACK® compliant
- Operating temperature: -40 to 85 °C
- Dimensions: 33 x 20 x 2 mm
- Weight: 2.3 g
- Extra pins included for use on a breadboard
Resources for the 9-DOF Accel/Mag/Gyro+Temp LSM9DS0 Breakout Board
We have provided links to all the useful sources of information for the 9-DOF Board by Adafruit: