Adafruit 10-DOF IMU Breakout - L3GD20H + LSM303 + BMP180
Adafruit 10-DOF IMU Breakout: accelerometer + gyroscope + compass + barometer/thermometer
This IMU by Adafruit combines no fewer than 4 navigation modules in a single board:
- A 3-axis accelerometer for measuring speed accurately;
- A 3-axis gyroscope for calculating angles and rotation;
- A 3-axis compass for accurate steering;
- A barometer/thermometer to assess temperature and barometric pressure, and therefore altitude.
4 devices in 1, for 11 axes of data – not only will you save space, you’ll also save money. Both are equally precious for designers of mobile or airborne robots in need of ultra-compact solutions to create on-board measuring instruments.
Easy to assemble and use on the L3GD20H + LSM303 + BMP180 breakouts
This breakout board was designed to simplify all prototyping and design stages when creating mobile objects, be they drones, helicopters, tanks or rockets, whichever takes your fancy.
The 4 modules installed on this board use the same I2C communication system – 2 cables are all you’ll need to create an interface between your electronic board and your L3GD20H + LSM303 + BMP180 breakout.
The breakout board also offers more advanced users the possibility to play with the “data ready” and “interrupt” pins. And that’s not all! Your Adafruit board works with 3V or 5V, in other words with the vast majority of programming boards. It won’t make the coffee yet... but Adafruit’s working on that!
Video presentation of the Adafruit 10-DOF IMU Breakout (5:22)
Technical specifications of the Adafruit 11-axis IMU
- L3GD20H 3-axis gyroscope: ±250, ±500 or ±2000 degrees per second
- LSM303 3-axis compass: ±1.3 to ±8.1 on the gauss magnetic field scale
- 3-axis accelerometer: ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g selectable scale
- BMP180 barometric pressure/temperature sensor: -40 to 85 °C, 300 to 1100 hPa, 0.17 m resolution
- Length: 38 mm
- Width: 23 mm
- Height: 3 mm
- Weight: 2.8 g
- This board uses the 0x19, 0x1E, 0x6B and 0x77 I2C 7-bit addresses