CAN-BUS Shield: expand your Arduino’s capabilities
This shield is equipped with a Microchip MCP2515 CAN controller, itself equipped with the MCP2551 CAN transceiver. Once plugged into your Arduino, it allows it to transmit information like a CAN (controller area network) bus, which makes it much more efficient when you want to multiply the number of sensors and evaluators used in your project.
The CAN-BUS Shield also has two interesting dedicated slots: one for connecting a microSD memory card, and the other for connecting an EM-406 GPS module (not included). You will finally have a high-speed SPI interface (10 MHz).
Projects using the DEV-13262 CAN-BUS Shield
Technical specifications of the DEV-13262 Shield
- CAN v.2.0B: up to 1 Mb/s
- High-speed SPI interface: 10 MHz
- Standard and extended data and remote frames
- CAN connection via a standard 9-pin sub-D connector
- Power supplied to Arduino by sub-D cable via resettable fuse
- Reverse-polarity protected
- Slot for an EM-506 GPS module
- Connector for a microSD memory card
- Connector for a serial LCD display
- Reset button
- 2 LED indicators
This product is the newest version of Shield CAN-BUS DEV-10039. The improvements are compatibility with Arduino Uno R3 and jumpers to configure the DB9 connector for different OBD-II cables.