Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Odroid-XU4 Exynos 8 Core Board
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Odroid XU4: a new generation of Hardkernel boards
Be warned, with the Odroid XU4 board you’ll reach new levels of power and speed! Equipped with an 8-core SoC Exynos (four 2 GHz processors, four 1.5 GHz processors), this tiny board will delight fans of embedded electronics and other connected projects. Its much smaller surface is equipped with:
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port (with a WiFi option)
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 1 microSDXC card reader
- 1 socket for connecting an eMMC module (between 8 and 64 GB) to create additional storage space
- 1 switch to change from microSDXC to eMMC mode
All programmable on Android 4.4.2, Android 5.1 and Ubuntu 15.04 for lovers of Linux, and at a price well below that of the Odroid XU3 board.
Odroid has placed a sports car in our hands
The real difference with the XU3? The incredible speed of its 2 GHz microprocessor. Three times faster than a Raspberry Pi 2, data transfer between the Odroid XU4 board and a PC is truly breathtaking: 75–85 MB/s from the XU4 to a Windows PC, 70 MB/s in the opposite direction, with an SSD connected to a 3.0 USB port.
If you’re using an eMMC 5.0 module instead of the microSDXC card reader (something we strongly recommend), read speed can reach 140 MB/s for a write speed of 39.3 MB/s.
Technical specifications of the XU4 board
- Samsung Exynos5422 8-core processor: quad-core 2 GHz Cortex™-A15 and quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex™-A7
- RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3 PoP
- eMMC 5.0 HS400 flash storage
- eMMC socket included (8 to 64 GB)
- 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 USB 2.0 port
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet port
- 1 full-screen HDMI 1.4 port
- S/PDIF Toslink optical output via USB module
- Possibility to add a WiFi 802.11 b/g/n-type interface via a USB module
- GPIO headers
- Compatible with Android 4.4.2, Android 5.1 and Ubuntu 15.04 with OpenGLES and OpenCL support
- Internal battery and clock
- Dimensions: 82 x 58 x 22 mm (fan included)
- Net weight : 60 g
Don't forget that you need a eMMC module (or a microSD card)and a charger to use this board!
Resources for the XU4 microprocessor
Below we’ve provided a link to the short presentation video created by Hardkernel to introduce you to the XU4 microprocessor.