Ultimate GPS HAT Mini Kit for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/Pi 2
With this “hat” for Raspberry Pi designed by Adafruit, you always know exactly where your microcontroller is, at any time of the day or night.
Including €0.01 for ecotax
GPS Mini Kit for Raspberry Pi: a HAT for hunting down your Raspberry Pi
The HAT (Hardware Attached on Top) selection designed by Adafruit for Raspberry Pi has just got bigger, thanks to this “ultimate” GPS module compatible with the A+, B+ and Pi 2 models.
The GPS module for Raspberry Pi proved a huge success for Adafruit – and here it is again recreated in the form of a fully-assembled HAT, equipped with the famous module, a support for a lithium battery (powering an RTC clock) and a prototyping area for adding any component that springs to mind while designing your project.
The GPS module coupled with the RTC clock provide very precise information on where your Raspberry Pi is and at what time. Data are transmitted via the UART interface of your Raspberry Pi.
Adafruit HAT for Raspberry Pi: a minimum of soldering
Your Raspberry Pi GPS HAT fits on top of your Raspberry Pi A+, Raspberry Pi B+ or Pi 2, just like a shield. The Raspberry Pi GPS extension board comes fully assembled, although you will have to solder the mini kit’s 2x20 header.
Learn more about the Ultimate GPS HAT Mini Kit for Raspberry Pi (3:35)
Technical specifications of the GPS HAT for Raspberry Pi
- Sensitivity: -165 dBm
- Update rate: 10 Hz
- 66 channels
- RTC clock embedded in the CR1220 back-up battery offering 7 years or more of timekeeping, even when the Raspberry Pi is switched off (CR1220 lithium battery not included)
- PPS output connected by default to pin 4
- Internal patch antenna that can be used outdoors + u.FL connector for an external antenna (for use indoors or in places with no visibility)
- The status LED flashes when the GPS has determined the current coordinates
- Dimensions (with components): 65 x 56 x 7 mm
Resources for the GPS HAT for Raspberry Pi
As always, below you’ll find all the information on the GPS HAT for Raspberry Pi you’ll need, compiled especially by us for you!