Pioneer LX mobile robot
The Pioneer LX is a mobile robotics research platform based on the Adept Lynx industrial AIV (Autonomous Intelligent Vehicle). See it as a virtually inexhaustible motorised platform, fully programmable and configurable, coming with a powerful microprocessor, a versatile SDK, and some nice surprises for all sorts of researchers. DISCONTINUED PRODUCT
Fast, powerful and smart: the Pioneer LX robot by Adept pulls out all stops
The Pioneer LX is a research mobile robot that will become the king of your lab. It can be customised at will and demonstrates mechanical and material qualities that will leave you speechless.
This rugged ground robot can carry a payload of up its own weight over indoor surfaces. It features 2 drive wheels and 4 casters increasing its freedom of movement, and powerful motors for speed and agility.
Learn more about the Pioneer LX mobile robot in this video presentation
Like all mobile and research robots by Adept, the Pioneer LX includes the extensive Pioneer SDK, a set of software applications that can be used to map, steer, control, configure, position, and observe.
You can also count on a dual core 1.8 GHz processor and a built-in graphics driver with wireless Ethernet communication to carry out your robotics experiments successfully.
Inexhaustible and transformable at will
The Pioneer LX has been designed for continuous non-stop industrial service and can operate up to 13 hours before recharging (in 3h30 only). In short, you’ll have more than enough to make the most of it in a variety of scenarios, both indoors and outdoors.
Optional accessories are available: you can equip your mobile robot with robotic arms, a PTZ digital camera (with its control unit), a speech synthesis kit, a GPS system, a configured wireless access point and a precision compass – everything you need to turn your all-wheel drive robot into an autonomous and versatile exploration platform, exactly the way you had imagined.
Technical specifications of the Pioneer LX
- Weight: 60 kg
- Maximum payload:
- 60 kg (level surface)
- 20 kg (20% grade)
- Power: 24 Vdc 60 Ah LiFePO4 battery
- Autonomy: 13 hours (continuous)
- Charge time: 3.5 hours
- Battery life: 7 years, 16 hours/day, 5 days/week
- Automatic or manual charging station
- Auxiliary power: 5,12, 20 Vdc
- Max. speed: 1.8 m/s (2 m/s with full payload)
- Non-marking rubber tires
- Differential steering
- 2 drive wheels
- 4 casters
- Swing radius: 343 mm
- Turn radius: 0 mm
- Traversable gap: 15 mm
- Traversable sill/threshold: 15 mm
- Intel D252 64-bit Dual Core 1.8 GHz Atom processor
- Integrated graphics processing unit
- 2GB DDR3-1066 RAM
- Windows and Linux compatible
- 802.11 a/b/g wireless
- Gigabit Ethernet (2x)
- USB (3x)
- RS-232 (2x)
- 16 digital inputs
- 16 digital outputs
- 4 analogue inputs
- 4 digital inputs
- Pioneer LX includes:
- On-board computer with Linux OS
- Autonomous navigation and mapping software
- Sick S300 laser scanner
- Joystick (used for mapping and re-location)
- Front and rear sonar, forward bumper panel with switches
- Wireless Ethernet communication
- Colour LED status indicator rings
- Speakers & Voice synthesis software
- Pioneer software development kit
Resources for the Pioneer LX robot
As usual, don’t leave before downloading all the technical documents for Pioneer LX!