TeraRanger I2C Adapter
Yes, the TeraRanger One distance sensors are compatible with Pixhawk and APM flight controllers. All that’s missing is a compatible I2C adapter... and here it is.
Including €0.01 for ecotax
TeraRanger I2C Adapter: an I2C connection and power supply
The Terabee I2C Adapter was designed for establishing a direct connection with Pixhawk and APM controllers. It serves three essential purposes:
- It creates a direct connection with an I2C hub or port
- It takes care of voltage level translation
- It powers the TeraRanger One sensor when connected to a 3S or 4S LiPo battery (12–16V)
Once connected via its I2C adapter, your TeraRanger sensor is automatically recognised by the autopilot firmware. Please note, however, that for TeraRanger One sensors displaying a serial number of 1508 xxx and below you’ll need to flash your sensor’s I2C firmware.
This update is available for free by sending an e-mail to Terabee at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can then download the update via the TeraRanger USB Adapter.
Technical specifications of the Terabee I2C Adapter
- I2C adapter board with power management system (requires soldering +/- power cables)
- Cable for connecting the adapter to the TeraRanger One sensor