RedBot Basic Kit
The SparkFun RedBot Basic kit offers the ideal combination: a programming board compatible with the Arduino environment and an ABS plastic robotics chassis capable of accommodating a multitude of sensors.
€79.90 Save €15.10
Including €0.10 for ecotax (not impacted by the discount)
RedBot educational robot: a brain designed for Arduino
The brains behind the RedBot mobile robot is the SparkFun RedBot board, which has an ATmega328P processor, the same used for the Arduino Uno board. The RedBot board is fully programmable in the open-source environment developed for Arduino, giving you access to a well-stocked code library. You can connect it to a USB mini-B cable to program it from your computer.
SparkFun RedBot also offers a wide range of connection options to prevent you from multiplying different shields when you want to connect your sensors and electronic modules. It includes a dual motor driver you can use to easily connect and control 2 DC gear motors (included in this kit). The sensors provided with the kit allow you to create a line-following robot for which you can control the speed.
A robust, customisable mobile robot kit
This educational mobile robot kit also includes a Shadow robotics chassis, which is a highly robust and very versatile ABS plastic chassis. It is equipped with Actobotics mounts compatible with lots of sensors, controllers, battery holders, etc. Simply clip the panels together to assemble your robot.
Technical specifications of the RedBot robot kit
- 1 SparkFun RedBot board
- 1 Shadow robotics chassis
- 1 SparkFun RedBot accelerometer
- 3 SparkFun RedBot line-following sensors
- 2 x 140 rpm gear motors
- 2 x 65 mm wheels with rubber tyres
- 3 x 152.4 mm 3-pin jumper wires
- Specifications of the SparkFun RedBot board:
- Logic signal: 5V
- Input voltage: 6-9V (jack or 2-pin header)
- ATmega328P processor (pre-programmed)
- 1 TB6612FNG dual DC motor driver
- USB programmable via FTDI
- XBee port with HW/SW serial switch
- 2 x 3-pin female motor ports
- 2 x 6-pin male optional servo headers
- 4 x 6-pin male optional sensor headers
- You will need a Attention, you will need a USB A to mini-B cable, not included in the kit. You will also need 4 AA batteriesUSB A to mini-B cable (not included in the kit)
- 4 AA batteries are also needed to power the robot (not included)
Resources for the RedBot line-following robot kit
Here you will find an avalanche of codes, a mountain of diagrams and technical files and, of course, guides to make assembling your RedBot robot kit fun and easy!
- Shadow chassis assembly guide
- SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for RedBot experiment guide
- RedBot Basic Kit EAGLE files
- RedBot Arduino library
- GitHub (example code & design files)
- GitHub (code library)