Adafruit Feather M0 Basic Proto - ATSAMD21 Cortex M0
The Feather M0 Proto module is part of the Feather range of miniature development and prototyping boards. Why M0? Because it houses an ATSAMD21G18 ARM Cortex M0, a processor that will really give you wings!
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Adafruit Feather M0 Basic Proto board: lots of memory and efficient
The Feather M0 Proto module features an ATSAMD21G18 processor clocked at 48 MHz, with 256 KB of flash memory and 32 KB of RAM, in other words the same processor used by the new Arduino Zero. Thanks to its native USB support, it offers a USB-to-serial programming and debugging functionality, so you won’t need to use an FTDI chip.
This miniature development board (5 cm long and weighing just over 4.5 g!) is also a portable board: its LiPo battery holder allows you to take it everywhere and control its charge level. Your battery’s flat? Plug in the USB, it will switch over automatically!
A prototyping board for small operations
The board includes a built-in 3.3V regulator and a 32.768 KHz crystal for the RTC and clock generation. It also offers a nice collection of GPIO pins, analogue inputs and outputs and PWM outputs... which as you might have guessed means the prototyping space is quite limited. But it’s sufficient for connecting small components (a button, sensor, NeoPixel module, etc.) without necessarily using a breadboard.
Technical specifications of the Feather M0 Proto module
- Dimensions (without connectors): 51 x 23 x 8 mm
- Weight: 4.6 g
- ATSAMD21G18 processor clocked at 48 MHz in 3.3V (logic/power)
- Flash memory: 256 KB
- RAM: 32 KB
- No EEPROM memory
- 32.768 KHz crystal for clock generation & real-time clock
- 3.3V regulator with 500 mA peak current output
- Native USB support with USB bootloader and serial port debugging
- 20 GPIO pins
- Hardware serial, I2C and SPI support
- PWM outputs on all pins
- 6 x 12-bit analogue inputs
- 1 x 10-bit analogue output (digital-to-analogue converter)
- Built-in 100 mA LiPo battery charger with LED charging status indicator
- Blinking red LED on pin no. 13
- On/off pin
- 4 mounting holes
- RESET button
Resources for the Adafruit module 2772
An ultra-comprehensive tutorial and short video are just what you need to perfect your understanding of the Adafruit Feather M0 Basic Proto module!