Belt Drive Pan
A simple and intelligent system designed to reduce the speed and increase the torque of a gear motor.
Divide your gear motor speed by 6 with the ServoCity Belt Drive Pan
This gear motor belt drive pan consists of an aluminium frame, 2 timing pulleys, a 150-tooth Kevlar belt and all the equipment needed to assemble and fix the various parts. The principle is simple: a gear motor is fixed to the 10-tooth timing pulley, which is connected by the second 60-tooth pulley by the belt. Because it promises a reduction ratio of 6:1, the speed of a 6 rpm motor will be reduced to 1 revolution per minute.
You can install two types of standard motor on this system: one conventional gear motor with a voltage of between 3 and 12V; or a 6–12 Vdc precision gear motor.
A practical and clever design
Particularly robust, its aluminium frame can easily handle heavy loads weighing up to about 18 kg. The stainless steel shaft installed on the smallest pulley is hollow, so you can pass the connection cables through it. This allows you to connect your motor discreetly to its controller and power supply. To top it all, the toothed Kevlar timing belt significantly reduces the noise transmitted by the motor and ensures minimum backlash.
Technical specifications of the Belt Drive Pan
- Dimensions: 196.8 x 101.6 mm
- Weight: 1.038 kg
- Maximum payload: 18.143 kg
- Motor size compatibility: standard
- Gear ratio: 6:1
The system includes:
- 1 aluminium frame with ball bearings
- 1 stainless steel hollow shaft (2.54 x 9.53 cm)
- 1 x 60-tooth XL series timing pulley
- 1 x 10-tooth XL series timing pulley (6 mm bore)
- 1 x 0.95 cm wide 150-tooth XL Kevlar timing belt
- 2 shim washers (inside diameter 2.54 cm)
- 1 clamping hub (inside diameter 2.54 cm)
- 1 clamp collar (inside diameter 2.54 cm)
- 1 gear motor