The UartSBee module converts a USB interface into an FTDI signal. It can be used for programming or communicating with MCUs.
UartSBee V5: your new USB to serial adapter
Like its previous version, the UartSBee V5 module from Seeed Studio is an adapter for converting a USB connection into a FTDI serial connection. The integrated FT232RL microprocessor can be used for programming Arduino or Seeeduino microcontrollers.
Additionally, you can connect your PC to various wireless applications via a Bee compatible module: this adapter is compatible with any kinds of Bee modules (Bluetooth, WiFi, etc.) that can be connected via the integrated 20-pin socket.
It provides 8 Bit Bang mode I/O pins for programming applications involving a PC parallel port.
Technical specifications of the Seeeduino UartSBee V5 module
- FT232RL microprocessor
- Indicators: green LED (POWER), LEDs for transmission and reception
- Power supply: 5 Vdc via USB
- Output voltage: 3.3 or 5 Vdc
- Interface: micro USB, 2.54 mm pitch pin header
- Adapter socket: XBee compatible 2 mm pitch female pin header
- USB connectivity
- Communication protocol: UART, Bit Bang I/O, SPI
- Bit Bang mode: 8 serial I/Os or SPI
- RoHS compliant
- Dimensions: 31 x 41 mm
Resources for the UartSBee V5 module
We’ve listed below all the resources you’ll need for the UartSBee V5 module to function properly. Simply help yourself!