TTL Biometric Fingerprint Scanner (GT-521F32)
The GT-521F32 TTL biometric fingerprint scanner is extremely precise and can store up to 200 different fingerprints in record time with a low error rate.
Including €0.01 for ecotax
SparkFun GT-521F32 Biometric Scanner: if you don’t want to use a key, you don’t have to!
Do you want to develop an electronic lock system using fingerprint identification? Or a device that can only be turned on when it detects the fingerprint of its inventor? You can do that – and much more – with the GT-521F32 fingerprint scanner. This module is the economical version of the GT-521F52 scanner and can store up to 200 different fingerprints. It only needs <1.5 seconds to identity them!
Just register each fingerprint by pressing your finger against the reader 3 times. It only takes 3 seconds to store a new fingerprint. The database of prints can then be distributed to other modules. Each fingerprint generates a template matching its analysed version. You can also retrieve the image of a fingerprint from the module.
Technical specifications of the GT-521F32 biometric reader
- ARM Cortex M3 Core microprocessor
- Communication protocol: UART and USB 2.0 Full Speed
- Default transmission rate: 9,600 bps
- False acceptance rate: < 0.001%
- False rejection rate: < 0.1%
- Recording time: 3 sec (for 3 fingerprint scans)
- Identification time: < 1.5 sec
- Operating voltage: 3.3 to 6 Vdc approx.
- Working current: < 130 mA
- Touch area:
- Operating voltage: 3.3 Vdc
- Working current: < 3 mA
- Standby current: < 5 µA
- Ultra-thin optical sensor
- Resolution: 450 dpi
- Image size: 258 x 202 pixels
- Capable of 360° recognition
- Storage capacity: 200 unique fingerprints
- Wake up on Finger function
- Anti-scratch surface
- Verification: 1:1; Identification: 1:N
- 4 mounting holes
- 2 JST SH connectors
- Window: 16.9 x 12.9 mm
- Effective sensor area: 14 x 12.5 mm
Resources for the SparkFun fingerprint scanner
Learn more about your new GT-521F32 TTL biometric fingerprint scanner: follow the links below!