SparkFun RedBot Mainboard
SparkFun RedBot is a development platform that combines the simplicity and efficiency of an Arduino with the RedBot motor driver. It’s a board that will quickly become a staple in your RedBot robotics creations!
SparkFun RedBot development board: your ideal partner
This RedBot motherboard eliminates the need to stack multiple shields or use stackable modules as it offers a wide variety of headers and ports. Particularly popular are its two 6-pin I/O headers for adding servos and four headers for sensors. Simply get some modules and a RedBot chassis to easily create a small differential drive robot.
Behind the scenes, the Arduino IDE opens up new possibilities for robotics engineers of all levels, while the ATmega328P processor promises a low power consumption ideal for small battery-powered robots.
Technical specifications of the SparkFun RedBot
- Logic voltage: 5V
- Input voltage: 6-9V via barrel jack or 2-pin header
- ATmega328P processor (pre-programmed)
- TB6612FNG dual DC motor driver
- USB programmable via FTDI
- XBee port with HW/SW serial switch
- 2 x 3-pin female motor ports
- 2 x 6-pin male optional headers (servo)
- 4 x 6-pin male optional headers (sensor)
Resources for the RedBot SparkFun board
If you’re a newcomer to the RedBot universe, this list of freely accessible documents will save you a lot of time!
- Technical schematic of the RedBot motherboard
- EAGLE files
- RedBot tutorial
- RedBot experimentation guide
- RedBot assembly guide
- RedBot Arduino library