Intel® RealSense™ LiDAR Camera L515 (with tripod)
The Intel® RealSense™ LiDAR L515 camera is a depth camera that uses the MEMS mirror scanning technology. It’s a high-performance yet energy-efficient device, ideal for use in industry.
Intel® RealSense™ L515 camera: the first LiDAR in the family
Intel® RealSense™ has spent the last few years developing a line of depth cameras that combines a global shutter depth sensor and RGB sensor. Various highly successful models have emerged from this R&D phase, allowing the development of a wide range of applications for the general public, industry, medicine, etc.
Intel® RealSense™ made its first foray into the world of 3D LiDAR with this L515 model. It’s a depth camera with an MEMS mirror, which increases the power efficiency of the laser without consuming more energy. The L515 combines an infrared transmitter, IMU module and RGB camera in a single unit. In other words, it’s the most comprehensive device for including robotic vision in your next creation.
The L515 camera shares the same software development kit (SDK) as the other depth camera models included in the Intel® RealSense™ catalogue. You can therefore switch easily from one device to another while using the same video development and calibration tool.
Multiple industrial uses: manipulation, surveillance, etc.
The advanced features of the L515 3D camera make it particularly effective in an industrial environment, for example a factory or warehouse:
- Installed on a robotic arm, it can be used to handle objects and goods or for automated inventory management
- It can also optimise volumetric measurement tools for more efficient logistics
The high-precision camera can be combined with a robotic arm designed for manipulating objects and a 3D scanning system, allowing inclusion in advanced robotic vision solutions involving use of simultaneous localisation and mapping technologies.
Technical specifications of the L515 camera
- Indoor camera (or outdoor in low light)
- Recommended range: 25 cm to 9 m
- Laser scanning
- LiDAR technology
- FOV depth: 70 x 55° (+/- 2°)
- Minimum depth: 25 cm
- Depth output resolution: up to 1024 x 768
- Depth frame rate: up to 30 fps
- RGB sensor resolution: 1920 x 1080
- RGB sensor FOV: 70 (+/- 3°) x 43° (+/- 2°)
- RGB frame rate: up to 30 fps
- Intel RealSense Vision ASIC processor
- Optical board: laser, MEMS mirror
- Connectors: USB-C 3.1 Gen 1
- Dimensions: 61 x 26 mm
- Mounting mechanism:
- One 1/4-20 UNC threaded mounting point
- Two M3 threaded mounting points
- Tripod included
Resources for the Intel® RealSense™ Camera L515
Make some space for this information, essential for understanding your Intel® RealSense™ L515 depth camera: