Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Portenta H7 Board
The Portenta H7 is an Arduino programming board designed for industrial and professional applications. It offers a wide range of features for carrying out complex operations, in a format inspired by the Arduino MKR.
Portenta H7: Arduino turns professional
The Portenta H7 is a programming board that uses the MKR form factor: compact and equipped with the I2C connector that owners of Arduino MKR boards are already familiar with.
Its microcontroller has an embedded dual-core STM32 processor (two cores running at 480 and 240 MHz respectively and capable of communicating with each other). The board can therefore run 2 programs simultaneously (e.g. Arduino and MicroPython). Programming on Arduino is done using the pro version of the IDE.
In addition, the Portenta H7 has a Chrom-ART Accelerator™ graphics processor for advanced management of an LCD display. This GPU allows you to manage applications in different planes, fonts, etc.
Arduino MKR compatibility
The Portenta H7 board uses Arduino’s new and more compact MKR form factor. This means that some MKR shields will adapt to the board.
In terms of connectivity, this new Arduino board covers a vast field of possibilities: WiFi and Bluetooth 5.1 interface, two rows of 26 connectors to the microcontroller’s I/Os, two 80-pin high-density connectors, JST connector for joining a LiPo battery, USB-C connector for adding various peripherals (mouse, computer keyboard, etc.)... More than enough to develop lots of applications for connected objects, human-machine interfaces, industrial solutions, etc.!
Technical specifications of the Arduino Portenta H7 board
- Microcontroller: STM32H747XI dual Cortex®-M7+M4 32-bit low power Arm® MCU
- Radio module: Murata 1DX dual WiFi 802.11b/g/n 65 Mbps and Bluetooth 5.1 BR/EDR/LE
- Secure element (default): NXP SE0502
- Power supply (USB/VIN): 5V
- Supported battery (JST connector): LiPo single cell, 3.7V, 700 mAh minimum (integrated charger)
- Circuit operating voltage: 3.3V
- Current consumption: 2.95 µA in standby mode (Backup SRAM OFF, RTC/LSE ON)
- Display connector: MIPI DSI host & MIPI D-PHY to interface with low-pin count large display
- GPU: Chrom-ART graphical hardware Accelerator™
- 22 timers and watchdogs
- 4 UART ports (2 with flow control)
- Ethernet PHY: 10/100 Mbps (through expansion port only)
- SD card interface: through expansion port only
- Operating temperature: -40 to 85 °C
- MKR headers: compatible with all the MKR shields on the market
- High-density connectors: use two 80-pin connectors to expose the board’s peripherals
- Camera interface: 8-bit, up to 80 MHz
- 3 x ADCs: 16-bit max. resolution (up to 36 channels and 3.6 MSPS)
- 2 x 12-bit DAC (1 MHz)
- Memory: 8 MB SDRAM / 16 MB Flash
Resources for the Arduino Portenta H7 board