The Génération Robots team recently visited a photovoltaic power station. We were in search of a transport system capable of carrying inverters weighing 80 kg over difficult terrain. A tiring task, undertaken at present by site employees.
We chose to test the Bunker Pro mobile robot by Agilex. A heavy-duty UGV with caterpillar tracks for tackling the most challenging terrain!
Why Bunker Pro?
Bunker Pro offers some impressive features:
- Maximum load: up to 120 kg of equipment
- Size: 1 metre long, 85 cm wide (large loading platform)
- Battery duration: 3 hours (60 Ah lithium battery)
- Remote control distance: up to 100 metres away
- Speed: 0 to 1.5 m/s
- Charging time: 4.5 h
Some additional technical information:
- Dual communication interface (CAN and RS233)
- Open-source programming (ROS, SDK and more…)
- Motor: 48 V/DC servo motor
Extraordinary capabilities for use in hostile environments:
- IP67 protection against dust and debris
- High level of water resistance
- Temporary immersion to a depth of 1 m
- Able to climb a slope or stairs at a 30° angle
- Can cross muddy terrain and puddles
Bunker Pro Tracked Mobile Robot (UGV)
- Can carry up to 120 kg
- 3 hours battery life (60 Ah)
- Controllable from up to 100 metres away
- Water and dust resistant
What can I use my Bunker Pro for?
Bunker Pro is designed for exploration, surveillance and transport operations in difficult terrain, so you can use it for:
- Security inspections and video recording
- Transporting equipment
- Building inspections
- Demining operations
The test and conclusions
We wanted our test to show whether a mobile robot could handle electrical equipment weighing 80 kg on difficult terrain.
Our Génération Robots robotics engineer Mathis Godard carried out the test on site, operating Bunker Pro remotely at various areas of the photovoltaic power station. And the tracked robot proved hands down its ability to move freely over a bumpy terrain peppered with tall grass.
Bunker Pro passed its test with flying colours, proving that it’s capable of overcoming obstacles without showing signs of weakness. It can definitely spare employees from having to carry heavy loads, and help them to accomplish daily tasks in difficult terrain. Another major advantage of Bunker Pro is that people unfamiliar with the more recent technologies will find it easy to use and control.