Dash Educational Robot
Including €0.38 for ecotax
Dash, your robotics workshops’ new best friend!
The Dash Robot has sparked a mini revolution in the world of IT and robotics programming for children. Created by the aptly named Make Wonder start-up, the Dash tripod with its cute design is a totally unique introductory and learning tool for all children aged between 5 and 12 (or over!).
Dash is a mobile and programmable robot that can be used in an increasing number of ways as its user progresses. With the support of a parent or teacher, or simply among friends, children will gradually discover all the possibilities offered by this little robot. And there are many! Dash can for example move around as instructed by its user, play music and record videos using its smartphone mount, plus much more besides.
It’s also a scalable, transformable tool thanks to its building bricks, which can be added like Lego bricks, and its different accessories. And if you’re looking for a little friend for your robot, you can also adopt Dot – Dash & Dot form a happy little team that will prove a continuous source of fun and fascination among children!
Blockly, a programming language that can be taught even at nursery school
The Dash Robot can also be programmed in a fun and visual environment accessible to children from the age of 5. A fantastic idea for parents and teachers in search of a motivating learning tool to teach the first rudiments of programming and robotics to their students at school!
Blockly is the programming language used to enable Dash to interact with its environment. It’s a visual programming language created by Google using blocks of colour representing the different applicable commands, a bit like the Scratch language. Programs can be designed and transmitted via a tablet, smartphone or iPhone.
For younger children, aged between 5 and 8, there are a variety of iOS and Android compatible apps allowing them to start having fun with Dash while gradually familiarising themselves with how the robot works. An original way of including programming in the school curriculum of very young children!
Video presentation of the Dash educational robot:
Technical specifications of the Dash Educational Robot
Embedded sensors and hardware:
- 3 microphones
- 1 speaker
- Eye lights: 12 white LEDs
- Ear lights: RGB LEDs
- Spotlight: RGB LEDs (in chest)
- Tail light: red LEDs
- 4 infrared transmitters
- 3 distance sensors: range of 30.48 cm
- 2 infrared robot-detection receivers
Connectivity and power:
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Smart 4 / Low Energy
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charged by PC via micro USB or power adapter
- 5h (play)
- 30 days (standby)
Supported systems and devices:
- iOS 7.1 or newer – iPad 3 or newer, iPad Air, iPad Mini
- iOS 8.1 or newer (Go app only) – iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6+, iPod Touch 5
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) or newer – Nexus 7 (2013 / 2nd generation), Nexus 9, Galaxy Note 10.1 or newer, Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, 10.1, Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, 8.0, 10.1, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, 10.5, Galaxy S4, S5 (Go app only)
Weight and dimensions:
- Dimensions: 16.99 × 18.21 × 16.1 mm
- Weight: 798.32 g
Each package contains:
- 1 Dash robot
- 1 charging cable
- 2 building brick connectors
Resources for the Dash Educational Robot
In addition to the documentation provided with your robot, below is some additional information on the Dash robot: