Bluetooth mBot Explorer Kit with LED matrix
The mBot v1.1 Bluetooth Robot (blue) is the newest version of the mBot educational robot. It comes with all its accessories and a host of fun features.
Including €0.20 for ecotax
- Using Makeblock 2.4GHz Wireless Serial Module. Simply plug the module into your computer USB port and the wireless module onto your mBot’s mCore board. This video shows you how to set up the wireless module.
- Using Makeblock Bluetooth USB Dongle (one dongle for each mBot robot).
Get familiar with the mBot educational robot
The mBot robot by Makeblock is an educational robot that can be used from the age of 11 to teach programming and STEM while having fun. Easy to assemble and connect thanks to the colour code used on its mCore board, it offers lots of functionalities for carrying out a wide variety of amusing and creative activities.
You can program your robot using the app or mBlock software (a visual programming editor inspired by Scratch) and it’s compatible with the Makeblock Me modules, Arduino IDE and LEGO building bricks, so you can customise your robot almost to infinity. It is a secondary school level robot and comes with teaching manuals, making it ideal for use in introduction. It also includes a Bluetooth module, a line-follower module, an infrared controller for remote management and an ultrasonic sensor.
New features of the blue mBot v1.1 Bluetooth robot
Already familiar with v1 and with the mBot robot accessories? In version 1.1, Makeblock has made some clever changes:
- A protective shell for the mainboard, which also avoids any risk of glare from the LEDs
- A more efficient and quieter omnidirectional mini nylon castor wheel, replacing the mini steel wheel
Technical specifications of the Bluetooth mBot v1.1
- Software and programming: mBlock for Mac, Windows, iPad mBlockly, Arduino IDE
- Inputs: light sensor, button, IR receiver, Me ultrasonic sensor, Me line-follower module
- Outputs: buzzer, RGB LED, IR transmitter, 2 motors, ports
- Microcontroller based on Arduino Uno
- Power: 3.7V lithium battery with on-board charger, or 4 x 1.5V AA batteries (not included)
- Wireless communication: Bluetooth
- Dimensions: 17 x 13 x 9 cm
- Weight: 1,034 kg assembled
- Colour: blue
- 1 chassis
- 1 mCore board
- 1 mCore protective shell
- 1 IR controller
- 1 Bluetooth module
- 1 Me ultrasonic sensor
- 1 Me line-follower module
- 2 motors
- 2 wheels
- 1 mini nylon castor wheel
- 1 AA battery holder
- 1 lithium battery shell
- 1 line-follower map
- 2 RJ25 cables
- 1 USB cable
- 2 Velcro sticker pads
- 1 screwdriver
- 4 M4 x 25 mm brass studs
- 4 M2.2 x 9 mm self-drilling screws
- 8 M3 nuts
- 6 M3 x 25 mm screws
- 15 M4 x 8 mm screws
- 6 M3 x 25 mm screws
Resources for the mBot v1.1 Bluetooth robot
You will find everything you need below to enjoy your mBot v1.1 Bluetooth robot to the full!