Gear Drive Pan Kit
This Gear Drive Pan Kit adapts to most standard-sized spur gear motors, for bold image effects.
Gear Drive Pan Kit: a small rotating machine...
This gear pan kit consists of an 84-tooth, 32-pitch hub gear that offers a mechanical reduction ratio of 4.2:1 when brought into contact with the 20-tooth pinion gear, included. This creates a slower rotation speed while increasing the torque, hence improving parameters at low speeds. The gear train can also be adjusted: simply loosen the clamping bolt on the motor mount and rotate the gear motor to the desired position.
You can easily mount a platform on the large gear hub to install a video camera, camera, sensor or any other device you deem necessary.
A ServoCity pan kit offering infinite mounting possibilities
This robotics pan kit is a highly modular system: the base plate has numerous mounting holes allowing you to fix your system on any support and the kit has a hollow shaft, so you can run the motor cables through the middle for an ultra-clean assembly. You can also attach an arm to the rotation system allowing your camera to rotate around its subject, and the base plate can be attached to the end of a jib to capture even bolder images!
Technical specifications of the Gear Drive Pan Kit
- Weight: 290 g
- Output shaft diameter: 25.4 mm
- Motor size compatibility: standard spur gear motors
- 2 type D 90° dual side mounts
- 1 x 95.25 mm aluminium channel
- 1 round base plate
- 1 x 25.4 x 57.15 mm aluminium tube with flange
- 1 x 25.4 mm shafting and tubing spacer
- 8 x 6.35 mm 6-32 stainless steel flat head screws
- 14 x 6.35 mm 6-32 zinc-plated socket head machine screws
- 4 x 12.7 mm 6-32 zinc-plated socket head machine screws
- 1 x 25.4 mm bore face tapped clamping hub with 38.1 mm pattern
- 1 x 84-tooth 25.4 mm bore 32-pitch aluminium hub gear
- 1 x 38.1/38.1 mm pattern adapter
- 1 x 37 mm bore bottom tapped clamping mount
- 1 x 20-tooth 6 mm bore 32-pitch shaft mount pinion gear
- 1 x ¼-20 round screw plate
- 2 x 25.4 mm bore side tapped pillow blocks
Assembly requires (not included):
- 1 x 2.7 mm hex key
- 1 x 2.3 mm hex key
- 1 x #1 Phillips screwdriver
Resources for the robot pan kit
If you feel slightly intimidated by the large number of parts that come with this gear pan kit, don’t worry, these videos will explain everything!