- or -
Manufacturer of high resolution digital Lidars, Ouster is an American company founded in 2015.Essential in the development of autonomous driving, Ouster 3D Lidars can be used in many fields of application: drones, smart cities, robotics…
Compact, modular and highly resistant, they offer many advantages to roboticists wishing to optimize their navigation system:
- Video camera-like image quality
- A high level of water and dust resistance
- Optimal operation in all weather conditions (snow, rain, fog, etc.) and at temperatures between -40°C and 64°C
- An LX2 system that doubles the computing power and output data
3D Lidars with different ranges
Depending on what you want to do with it, the brand proposes 3 products with different fields of vision:
- OS0: Ultra-wide angle LiDAR (90° field of view and 50 m range)
- OS1 : Medium-range LiDAR (45° field of view and 120 m range)
- OS2 : Long-range LiDAR (22.5° field of view and 240 m range)
3 models and 4 configurations
For each of these Lidars, you can choose between 3 types of vertical resolution: 32, 64 or 128 channels* and 4 possible configurations:
- Uniform: balanced scanning radius below and above the Lidar
- Gradient: allows the field of view to be segmented to suit the specific function required
- Below Horizon: scanning beam oriented exclusively below the horizon line
- Above Horizon: field of view oriented above the horizon line
*The 128-channel version is only available in a uniform configuration
Ouster lidar: what can I use it for?
- Autonomous vehicles: : automated and safe driving for cars, trucks, taxis, buses, drones...
- Smart Cities : detect and classify vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists in all weather and lighting conditions
- Industry : automation in the mining, agriculture, construction and logistics industries
- Robotics : indispensable for autonomous machines, the LiDAR can see and understand the environment
Why choose Ouster LiDAR? What applications are they most commonly used in? Read our blog post to find out more.
OS0-128, OS1-128 et OS2-128 Comparative
|Horizontal resolution||512, 1024 ou 2048||512, 1024 ou 2048||512, 1024 ou 2048|
|Range (80% reflectivity)||50 m||120 m||240 m|
|Vertical field of view||90°||45º||22,5°|
|Vertical angular resolution||0.7º||0.35°||0.18°|
|Precision||±1.5 – 5 cm||±0.7 – 5 cm||±2.5 – 8 cm|
|Points per second||2 621 440||2 621 440||2 621 440|
|Rotation rate||10 ou 20 Hz||10 ou 20 Hz||10 ou 20 Hz|
|Power consumption||14 – 20 W||14 – 20 W||18 – 24 W|
|Weight||447 g||447 g||1100 g|
|Protection rating||IP68, IP69K||IP68, IP69K||IP68, IP69K|
There are 7 products.
The OSDome is a hemispherical digital lidar with a 180° field of view offering a range of 20 metres and a resolution four times higher than other sensors.
The OS0 lidar has an ultra-wide (90°) field of view, meaning it can see everything from floor to ceiling.
The OS1 lidar is a high-performance sensor built around the new L3 chip, offering the best combination of range, field of view and resolution.
The OS2 lidar stands out for its maximum range, of up to 400 metres, and high-precision data, both made possible by its new L3 chip.
Ouster’s OS0 LiDAR is an effective aid to robotic navigation. It’s small, light and comes in three versions, each with 4 laser beam options, for highly accurate path analysis in real time.
The OS1 LiDAR (Rev 6) is another model from the Ouster OS series, offering a range of 120 metres, different configurations, high-definition output data, and an image reproduction almost as accurate as a video recording.
The OS2 digital LiDAR (Rev 6) is your long-range option in the OS series designed by Ouster. It offers a vertical field of view, a range of 240 metres and high angular resolution.