Teensy 3.1 Development Board
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Teensy 3.1: an ultra-compact format that packs a punch
The Teensy 3.1 is a very powerful board equipped with all the features you’ll need to work on numerous projects creating a human-machine interface.
With its integrated 0.1” connectors, it’s easy to install on a prototyping board and there’s no need for an external programmer since it comes with a bootloader that you can use with your USB connection.
You can immediately start programming in C, or install the Teensyduino add-on to benefit from the Arduino environment!
This tiny development platform includes all the analogue inputs, digital inputs/outputs and PWM outputs you’ll need to successfully complete your creations, however compact they may be!
A quickstart guide with Teensy
An improvement on the Teensy 3.0
Some of you may already be familiar with the previous version, the Teensy 3.0. So what does the Teensy 3.1 have that her older sister doesn’t?
- 4 times as much RAM memory (64 KB)
- A flash memory that’s twice as large
- Digital inputs compatible with a 5V voltage
- 2 additional PWM outputs
- And a few other improvements as you’ll discover in our technical specifications!
Not sure whether you want to trade your good old Teensy 3.0 in for this newer version? Trust us, the Teensy 3.1 will be your board of choice for all your new projects!
Technical specifications of the Teensy 3.1 Development Board
- 32-bit microcontroller, ARM Cortex-M4 72 MHz CPU (M4 = DSP extensions)
- 256 KB flash memory, 64 KB RAM, 2 KB EEPROM
- Analogue inputs: 21; 13 usable bits, 16 bits for hardware
- 34 digital I/O pins (5V-compatible digital inputs)
- 12 PWM outputs
- 7 timers for measuring intervals and delays, separate from the PWMs
- USB connection with dedicated DMA memory transfer
- 3 UART serial ports
- SPI modulator, I2C, I2S, CAN bus, IR
- I2S for a high-quality audio interface
- RTC with 32.768 quartz crystal oscillator and battery
- 16 direct memory access (DMA) channels separated from the USB microcontroller
- Inputs for touch sensors
Resources for the Teensy board
The Teensy 3.1 comes with a complete set of resources and download links, all found below: