Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Grove Electromagnet Module
Including €0.01 for ecotax
Check out this Grove Electromagnet Module by Seeed Studio
This Seeed Studio electromagnet Grove module is equipped with a small electromagnet capable of lifting and moving metal objects weighing up to 1 kg. Make sure you place the magnet in contact with the object you want to hold.
An electromagnet is a magnet that creates a magnetic field when an electric current passes through it. In this case, your electronics board needs to supply 400 mA.
Compatibility and uses for the Grove Electromagnet
No power circuit other than that created by your Grove board is required to operate this small electromagnet. You can also connect the module to an Arduino or Raspberry Pi board through a motherboard equipped with Grove connectors. Plus the electromagnet module can be controlled by PWM.
Please note that this module is designed primarily for evaluation purposes and should under no circumstances be used to create a safety system.
Technical specifications of the Grove Electromagnet Module
- Grove-compatible interface (Grove Base Shield or Mega Shield)
- Connection via a 4-core cable (included)
- Other compatible boards: Arduino, Raspberry Pi (requires connection to a motherboard equipped with Grove connectors, such as the GrovePi+)
- Supply: 5 Vdc
- Consumption: 200 µA (standby) and 400 mA (working)
- Load weight: 1 kg max.
- Dimensions: 89mm x 140mm x 18.8mm
Resources for the Grove Electromagnet Module by Seeed Studio
Here you’ll find a full presentation of the Seeed Studio Electromagnet Module: