Lego MINDSTORMS EV3 Education kit (without charger) (45544)
This version of the Lego Mindstorms robotics Education kit is called Lego MINDSTORMS EV3 Education.
Including €0.63 for ecotax
The Lego MINDSTORMS EV3 Education kit
The Lego MINDSTORMS EV3 Education kit has been released in august 2013. It is the latest evolution of the Lego Mindstorms educational kit and is especially designed for education.
This kit contains everything you need for your students to build and program a robot. The smart Lego Mindstorms EV3 Brick (see below for more detailed specifications), various sensors enables your students to come up with creative solutions and an intuitive icon-based programming and data logging software.
Your students will learn the procedure how to develop, build, program and evaluate. This is also an opportunity to enhance the teamwork between your students. Additionally they could gather experience with their hands on simple but powerful sensors. The education kit comes in a sturdy plastic box and a sorting tray.
There are several key expertises your students will benefit from:
- Design and programming of robots with motors sensors, gears, wheels and other technical components
- Imagination how to build a 3D model out of a 2D plan
- Construction, testing, debugging and imrprovement of designs
- Pratical experience in the usage of mathematical skills, like the estimation of distance, time and speed.
- Communication between each other in a scientific and technical language
The brick of the Lego Mindstorms EV3
The EV3 brick concentrates lots of new features:
- A faster ARM9 microcontroller
- 16 MB flash memory
- 64 MB RAM
- A SD memory slot allowing to expand RAM memory
- An open-source Linux operating system
- A USB 2.0 interface for connection with a PC
- A USB 2.0 host interface for other USB devices
- 4 input ports and 4 output ports allowing up to 4 NXT bricks to be connected together
- A matrix display screen
- A speaker
- Bluetooth ® v2.1
- iOS and Android compatibility
It is possible (and easy to set up) to program Lego Mindstorms EV3 with alternative programming languages:
- Scratch for Lego Mindstorms EV3
- ev3dev is an Debian Linux-based OS that enables Lego Mindstorms EV3 programming with other computer languages such as Python, Java, C, C++.
- LabVIEW for Lego Mindstorms EV3
Contents of the Lego MINDSTORMS EV3 Education kit
The Lego Mindstorms EV3 Education kit contains:
- 3 servomotors :
- An ultrasonic sensor
- A new color and light sensor
- a gyroscopic sensor
- two contact sensors
- A Rechargeable battery
- A caster wheel
- Connection cables
- You can download the Lego software for free on the internet
- Mounting instructions
- A large set of LEGO TECHNIC® parts to build many different robots
Note: this set does not include a transformer for the battery.
Ascending compatibility with the version 2 Lego Mindstorms NXT kit is secured.