UM7 Orientation Sensor
The UM7 Orientation Sensor from Redshift Labs offers a complete and sophisticated IMU with an extended Kalman filter to produce more accurate estimates.
Including €0.01 for ecotax
UM7 Orientation Sensor: a leading-edge IMU
The UM7 orientation sensor is a 3rd-generation IMU that takes advantage of state-of-the-art MEMS technology. It combines triaxial accelerometer, rate gyro, and magnetometer data using a sophisticated extended Kalman filter to produce orientation, heading, and speed estimates accurately and consistently. What’s more, this compact and lightweight module with an angular resolution of 0.01° is offered at an affordable price!
Added features from Redshift Labs
In addition to these very well-known characteristics, the UM7 IMU integrates many new features, including:
- Higher gyro bias stability;
- Lower noise;
- A new communication architecture for improved flexibility;
- NMEA packet transmission;
- UTC time synchronisation with external GPS, and much more!
Technical specifications of the UM7 orientation sensor
- EKF estimation rate: 500 Hz
- Typical static pitch/roll accuracy: +/- 2°
- Typical dynamic pitch/roll accuracy: +/- 4°
- Typical static yaw accuracy: +/- 5°
- Typical dynamic yaw accuracy: +/- 8°
- Angle repeatability: 0.5°
- Angular resolution: 0.01°
- Input voltage: 5V
- Communication: 3.3V TTL UART, SPI bus
- Supported baud rates: 9,600, 14,400, 19,200, 38,400, 57,600, 115,200, 128,000, 153,600, 230,400, 256,000, 460,800, 921,600
- Power consumption: 50 mA @ 5V
- Operating temperature: -40 to +85°C
- Data output rates: 1 Hz to 255 Hz (binary packets), 1 Hz to 100 Hz (NMEA packets)
- Output data: orientation and heading (Euler Angles), attitude quaternion, GPS altitude, position, velocity (w/ external GPS), magnetometer, accelerometer, and gyro data
- Dimensions: 27 x 27 x 6.5 mm
- Weight: 11 g
Resources for the UM7 IMU from Redshift Labs
All the resources you need for the UM7 Orientation Sensor are right below. Why look elsewhere?