Gyro, MultiSensitivity Accelerometer & Compass Lego Mindstorms EV3
Including €0.01 for ecotax
This sensor for NXT features a gyroscope, an accelerometer and a compass sensor in one!
This sensor is simply the best: small, compact, accurate, easy to use and built specifically for the Lego Mindstorms NXT robot. This Absolute IMU-ACG sensor for NXT is more accurate than most other sensors that are realizing only one of the features offered here. By using this sensor, you’ll save some money on the cost of the sensors you’ll save space used on your robot as well as the number of sensors ports used on your Lego Mindstorms NXT.
This Absolute IMU-ACG sensor for NXT allows you to perform all the measures at once. You can thus benefit from the measurement of the speed and direction of rotation (gyroscope), speed variation in the 3 axes (accelerometer) and the compass (which gives a fixed reference at all these measures) at the same time. Moreover, as these three functions are on the same sensor, there is no relative movement and therefore no error between measures!
Using this sensor you can make inertial calculation which will give you real-time robot position in space and thus the ability to control and correct all the movements of the robot.
Technical specifications of the Absolute IMU-ACG for NXT
The technical specifications of the Absolute IMU-ACG for NXT are as follows:
- Tilt Sensor resolution: 1 degree
- Compass resolution: 1 degree
- Accelerometer Resolution: 10 milli-g
- Tilt Compensated Magnetic Compass
- Accelerometer sensitivities: 2G, 4G, 8G, 16G
- Gyro rate of change resolution: 8.75 milli-degrees/sec
- Current consumption: 2.1 mA at 4.7V
Programming the Absolute IMU-ACG sensor for NXT
This sensor for Lego Mindstorms NXT is programmable using NXT-G and also using NXC.
- NXT-G block of the Absolute IMU-ACG sensor for NXT
- Technical documentation of the Absolute IMU-ACG for NXT
- NXC library for the Absolute IMU-ACG sensor for NXT