Miniature programmable Robot Khepera III
Developed by the Swiss company K-Team, well known for its Koala, K Junior and Hemisson robots, Khepera III robot proved itself in many educational and research projects requiring the use of miniature mobile robots.
Many sensors are also embedded on the Khepera III robot such as 8 infrared telemeters (30cm range), 5 ultrasounds telemeters (20cm to 4m range) as well as 2 ground sensors for line following or cliff detection.
Many academics and researchers worldwide use Khepera 3 robot for very various projects such as autonomous navigation, artificial intelligence, multi-agents systems, control, real-time programming and much more.
Technical specifications of the Khepera III robot
The Khepera III robot includes:
- a control board based on a DsPIC 30F5011 clocked at 60MHz
- 4Ko RAM
- 64Ko ROM
- 2 DC motors with incremental encoders (22 tops per mm of robot motion)
- 8 infrared sensors that can be used as telemeters or light sensors (30cm range)
- 5 ultrasounds telemeters (4m range)
- 2 infrared sensors for wall following and cliff detection
- 1 1400mAh Lithium Polymer battery (user replaceable)
Physical characteristics and programming:
- Diameter: 130mm
- Height: 70mm
- Weight: 690g
- Payload: 2kg
- Battery lifetime: approx. 8h without embedded PC
- Development environment: GNU C/C++ compiler (freeware)
- Remote control: LabVIEW, MATLAB, SysQuake or any software using RS232 communication technology.