Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
LiDAR Ouster OS2 (Rev 6) long range high performance
OS2: Ouster’s longest-range OS LiDAR
The OS2 digital laser LiDAR is another member of the new family of LiDARs designed by Ouster. This new range of robotics accessories is designed to meet all embedded robotics requirements:
- Compact, lightweight, highly durable devices offering high water and dust ingress protection
- An innovative range on account of its L2X SoC, which increases the data processing capacity and doubles the output flow
- Image quality is increasingly similar to that of a video camera, with ultra-precise reproduction of both fixed and moving obstacles
- The OS2 LiDAR can scan its environment in any level of visibility and operates in all weather conditions, even snow and thick fog
OS2 has a detection range of 240 metres and a vertical field of view. It comes in three versions: 32, 64 or 128 channels, each with its own technical characteristics (see technical specifications).
Four possible configurations to adapt your LiDAR’s vision
The OS2-32 and OS2-64 models each offer four configuration options:
- “Uniform”, for a balanced vertical scan 11.25° either side of the horizon (22.5° in total)
- “Gradient”, which divides the vertical field of view into several gradients to adapt the device’s detection capabilities to your specific needs
- “Below Horizon”, which directs the scanning beam downwards, with a vertical field of view of 11.25° below the horizon line
- “Above Horizon”, which directs the scanning beam upwards, with a vertical field of view of 11.25° above the horizon line
Please note that the OS2-128 version does not offer these configuration options.
The possibilities offered by the Ouster OS2 LiDAR make it a great choice for robotics projects in a wide range of fields: autonomous navigation, exploration and surveillance of risky areas, remote monitoring, robotic vision, service robotics, etc.
Technical specifications of the OS2 LiDAR
- Vertical resolution: 32, 64 or 128 channels
- Horizontal resolution: 512, 1024 or 2048
- Range: 240 m
- Vertical field of view: 22.5° (11.25°)
- Vertical angular resolution: 0.18-0.73° (multiple options for OS0-32 and OS0-64), 0.18° (OS0-128)
- Precision: ±2.5-8 cm
- Points per second: 655 360 (OS0-32), 1 310 720 (OS0-64), 2 621 440 (OS0-128)
- Rotation rate: 10 or 20 Hz
- Power draw: 18-24 W
- Weight: 1100 g
- Ingress protection (dust, water): IP68, IP69K
- Synchronization options: PTP and NMEA/PPS
- On-the-fly programming: frame rate and horizontal resolution
- Fixed angle data measurement
- Multi-sensor crosstalk resistance
- Bayonet connector
- Over-the-network firmware updates
- Output: range, intensity, reflectivity, ambient NIR, azimuth angle, timestamp
- Pixel returns: 2
- 4 possible configurations: uniform radius, gradient, below and above the horizon
Technical characteristics of the OS2 LiDAR
|Vertical resolution||32 canaux||64 canaux||128 canaux|
|Horizontal resolution||512, 1024 ou 2048||512, 1024 ou 2048||512, 1024 ou 2048|
|Range||240 meters||240 meters||240 meters|
|Vertical field of view||22,5° (±11,25º)||22,5° (±11,25º)||22,5° (±11,25º)|
|Vertical angular resolution||0.18º – 0.73º (multiple options)||0.18º – 0.73º (multiple options)||0.18º|
|Precision||±2.5 – 8 cm||±2.5 – 8 cm||±2.5 – 8 cm|
|Points per second||655 360||1 310 720||2 621 440|
|Rotation rate||10 ou 20 Hz||10 ou 20 Hz||10 ou 20 Hz|
|Power draw||18 – 24 W||18 – 24 W||18 – 24 W|
|Weight||1100 g||1100 g||1100 g|
|Ingress protection rate||IP68, IP69K||IP68, IP69K||IP68, IP69K|
Gemini, a perception platform compatible with Ouster LiDAR
The Ouster Gemini platform aims to improve safety, intelligent transportation systems or smart cities. It enhances detection and classification performance with more accurate and comprehensive people and vehicle tracking data.
This advanced solution simplifies operations and is more cost-effective, as it requires less sensors.
Resources for the OS2 LiDAR
Ouster LiDARs are available in 2 versions: V6 and V7. What are the key differences between the 2 versions?
Read our comparison below.