Husky A200™ UGV mobile base
Husky A200™ UGV mobile base: You can now explore the great outdoors
The Husky A200 mobile robotic base has been designed to perform in the toughest environments. Coming with a powerful and no-maintenance four-wheel drive, High impact tyres, one of the most favourable gound clearance available, the Husky A200 mobile robot will add a new dimensions to your field robotics.
Husky A200™ supports robotics open source software standard: ROS
You can now use a simpler way to program complex systems thanks to the ROS (Robot Operating Systems) standard or LabView Robotics from National Instruments.
The Husky A200 Husky mobile base has been the first field robotics platform to natively support ROS. You will find it easy to find tutorials and demos to help you get started quickly. If you find yourself stuck or looking for help in your programming, you can turn to experts sharing their real-life expertise within the ever-growing ROS community.
Don’t hesitate to help yourself with the sample code library freely available to start your research and take part in the community by sharing your code with other users of the large users community of Husky A200 mobile robot users.
Husky A200 uses an open source serial protocol. You will have access to all raw data without being blocked by proprietary system. ClearPath robotics offers API support for ROS and options for C++ and Python on Husky mobile robot.
Husky A200 UGV mobile base hardware customisation options
Have you ever been forced to change your whole setup in the middle of a research project? The hardware modifications that you will do on your Husky mobile robot can be done in the blink of an eye thanks to adaptable payload tools, easy access to 5/12/24 V power supply and inputs/outputs that can be easily reconfigured. A mobile base prototyping has never been easier or faster.
Husky A200™ UGV mobile bases have already found their places in the following prestigious universities
Applications of the Husky A200 UGV mobile base
The Husky A200 mobile base has been designed with a scalable architeture, turning it into the ideal platform for testing and deploying systems on many robots simultaneously.
Perception and navigation
You can improve estimation state thanks to the vehicle tuning control parameters, high precision odometry measures and diagnostic systems.
The Husky A200 unmanned ground vehicle mobile base can easily interface with many industrial type of robotic arms for teleoperation or manipulation purposes.
The Husky A200 mobile base is delivered ready-to-install for all activities involving teleoperation. You just need to get your wireless controller connected and get started quickly!
You will find a compilation video for navigation strategies tested on a Husky A200 mobile robot using ROS (Robot Operating System).
Technical specification of the Husky A200 UGV mobile base
Dimensions and weight
- External dimensions (L x W x H): 990 x 670 x 390 mm (39 x 26.4 x 14.6 in)
- Internal dimensions: 296 x 411 x 155 mm (11.7 x 16.2 x 6.1 in)
- Weight: 50 kg (110 lb)
- Wheels: 330 mm (13 in) Lug tread
- Ground clearance: 130 mm (5 in)
Speed and performance
- Max. payload: 75 kg (165 lb)
- All-terrain payload: 20 kg (44 lb)
- Max. speed: 1.0 m/s (2.3 mph)
- Drive power: 4 x 4 wheels with no maintenance
- Max. climb grade: 45° (100% slope)
- Max. traversal grade: 30° (58% slope)
Battery and power system
- Battery chemistry: SLA (Sealed Lead Acid)
- Capacity: 24 V, 20 Ah
- Standby runtime: 8 hours
- Nominage usage runtime: 3 hours
- Charge time: 4 hours
- Power supply: 5 V, 12 V, 24 V (fused at 5A/ea). 192 W total power (option: upgrade to 480 W available)
Interfacing and communication
- Control modes: Direct voltage, wheel speed, and kinematic velocity
- Feedback: Battery voltage, motor currents, wheel odometry, and control system output
- Communication: RS232 @ 115200 baud
- Encoders: Quadrature: 78,000 pulses/m
- Drivers and APIs: ROS, C++, and Python
- Operating ambient temperature:-10 to 30 °C (14 to 86 °F)
- Storage temperature: -40 to 50 °C (-40 to 122 °F)
- Rating: IP 44 (upgrade to IP 55 available)
Husky A200™ UGV mobile base resources
You will find below all the resources about a Husky A200 UGV Mobile Base.
- Max. speed
- 3,5-5,5 km/h
- 70-80 kg