Payload: Boston Dynamics Spot CORE AI
The Spot CORE AI accessory by Boston Dynamics opens up new possibilities in terms of machine learning and will transform your docile dog into a knowledge-hungry robot.
Spot CORE AI: a new and more scholarly dog
Spot CORE AI is a development platform designed specifically to increase your freedom of movement with the Spot mobile robot. Unlike the CPUs already embedded, this additional processor allows you to add new features and program your applications using the pre-loaded SDK with the Ubuntu 18.04 OS.
Its various connection ports include:
- An HDMI port to equip Spot with a display or other compatible accessory
- 2 RJ-45 ports for Ethernet connection
- 2 USB type A ports and 2 USB type C ports
- Different power modes: 12V 4A, 24V 2.3A, 5V 8A
- 1 RS232 serial interface
- 1 internal miniPCIe, with LTE modem in some configurations
A sturdy Spot backpack
The Boston Dynamics Spot CORE AI payload is designed to withstand the same exploration conditions as the quadruped Spot robot. This means it can be exposed to high temperatures, snow, rain and dust.
Technical specifications of the CORE AI development platform
- Shielded ribbon cable (225 mm)
- Dimensions: 240 x 185 x 74 mm
- Weight: 3.45 kg
- Intel Xeon E3-1515M V5 CPU
- RAM: 32 GB
- 480 GB mSATA SSD
- NVIDIA P5000 GPU
- Ingress protection: IP67
- Operating temperature: -20 to 45 °C
- Peak power draw: 210W