The Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor for small robots and rapid prototyping
The brand new Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor stands apart from the other Dynamixel servomotors Dynamixel servo motors for its small size and reduced performance. With its XL-320, Robotis aims to propose a digital Dynamixel servo motor that can be used by the DIY community and for all those interested in rapid prototyping, in particular using 3D printing.
The Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor is the one used for the Darwin Mini robot. It is important not to confuse the XL-320 with the Ollo servo motors, which are different. The Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor uses Dynamixel 3-pin cables as the control signal used is TTL.
The technical characteristics of the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor
The technical characteristics of the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor are as follows:
- Weight: 16.7 g
- Dimensions: 24 mm × 36 mm × 27 mm
- Resolution: 0.29°
- Motor: Cored motor
- Reduction ratio: 238:1
- Stall torque: 0.39 N.m (@ 7.4 V)
- No-load speed: 114 rpm (@ 7.4V)
- o § 0°~300°
- o § Continuous
- Operating temperature: -5 °C to +70 °C
- Voltage: 6.0–8.4 V (recommended voltage 7.4 V)
- Control signal: Digital
- Protocol: Half-duplex asynchronous series communication (8-bit, 1 stop, No Parity)
- Connection (physical): TTL Level Multi Drop (daisy chain type Connector)
- ID: 253 IDs (0~253)
- Communication speed: 7,343 bps – 1 Mbps
- Feedback: Position, temperature, load, input voltage, etc.
- Material: Engineering plastic
The following image shows the size of the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor:
More technical information on the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor is available at the Robotis website: http://support.robotis.com/en/product/actuator/dynamixel_x/xl_series/xl-320.htm.
Some examples of how the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor can be used
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 6 - 8.4 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 1 - 1.4 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- Protocole de communication