Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor
Including €0.01 for ecotax
The Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor for small robots and rapid prototyping
The brand new Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor stands apart from the other Dynamixel servomotors Dynamixel servo motors for its small size and reduced performance. With its XL-320, Robotis aims to propose a digital Dynamixel servo motor that can be used by the DIY community and for all those interested in rapid prototyping, in particular using 3D printing.
The Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor is the one used for the Darwin Mini robot. It is important not to confuse the XL-320 with the Ollo servo motors, which are different. The Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor uses Dynamixel 3-pin cables as the control signal used is TTL.
The technical characteristics of the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor
The technical characteristics of the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor are as follows:
- Weight: 16.7 g
- Dimensions: 24 mm × 36 mm × 27 mm
- Resolution: 0.29°
- Motor: Cored motor
- Reduction ratio: 238:1
- Stall torque: 0.39 N.m (@ 7.4 V)
- No-load speed: 114 rpm (@ 7.4V)
- o § 0°~300°
- o § Continuous
- Operating temperature: -5 °C to +70 °C
- Voltage: 6.0–8.4 V (recommended voltage 7.4 V)
- Control signal: Digital
- Protocol: Half-duplex asynchronous series communication (8-bit, 1 stop, No Parity)
- Connection (physical): TTL Level Multi Drop (daisy chain type Connector)
- ID: 253 IDs (0~253)
- Communication speed: 7,343 bps – 1 Mbps
- Feedback: Position, temperature, load, input voltage, etc.
- Material: Engineering plastic
The following image shows the size of the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor:
More technical information on the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor is available at the Robotis website: http://support.robotis.com/en/product/actuator/dynamixel_x/xl_series/xl-320.htm.
Some examples of how the Dynamixel XL-320 servo motor can be used
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 6 - 8.4 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 1 - 1.4 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.