2-axis Dynamixel servo: 2 axes, 2 addresses
The Dynamixel 2XL430-W250-T actuator is a 2-axis Robotis Dynamixel servo, giving 2 degrees of freedom. Each axis is assigned a specific address, allowing you to use your servo motor in numerous ways. But there is a single baud rate.
The 2XL430-W250-T model offers the same features as the Dynamixel XL servos. It has a large variety of control modes and a broad feedback range. You can determine speed, torque, voltage and trajectories from a control table, ensuring ultra-precise control of your creations.
This 100% programmable 2-axis actuator is created from quality materials, to improve heat dissipation and ensure a robust, long-lasting device. Its design allows it to be used in various assembly configurations, while limiting cable wear.
Communication and compatibility
The Dynamixel 2XL430-W250-T servo has a TTL connection. It comes with an 18 cm X3P robot cable for connecting your servo to its controller. Please note that the connector on the Dynamixel X servos has changed. These models now have a gold-plated JST connector for more stable and reliable communication. If you want to connect your servo to a controller compatible with the previous series, you will therefore need to get your hands on a Molex-JST cable.
The Robotis 2XL430-W250-T servo is compatible with:
- OpenCM9.04 485 (expansion board), OpenCR1.0 and CM-550 controllers
- all XL430, XM430 and XH430 servos
- the U2D2 communication converter
Idler Set(HN11-I101 Set) for assembling hinge frames are not included.
Technical specifications of the 2XL430-W250-T servo
- Cortex M3 microcontroller (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Input voltage: 6.5~12V (recommended: 11.1V)
- Voltage rating: 11.1V
- Starting torque: 1.4 Nm
- Starting current: 1.3A
- No-load speed: 57 rpm
- No-load current: 0.05A
- Resolution: 0.0879°/step; 4.096 steps; 360°
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 72°C
- Cored motor
- Baud rate: 9600–4,500,000 bps
- PID control algorithm
- Gear type: spur
- Gear material: power-metallurgy
- Case material: engineering plastic
- Dimensions: 36 x 46.5 x 36 mm
- Weight: 98.20 g
- Reduction ratio: 257:1
- Control signal: digital packets
- Protocol type: half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: TTL level multi-drop bus
- IDs: 0-253
- Feedback: position, velocity, loading, real-time tick, trajectory, temperature, input voltage, etc.
- Protocol version: 2.0 (default)
- Operating angle/mode:
- Velocity control mode: endless turn
- Position control mode: 360°
- Extended position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- PWM control mode: endless turn
- Standby current: 46 mA
Resources for the 2XL430-W250-T Robotis servo
We’ve listed below all the Dynamixel resources you’ll need to gain absolute control over your 2XL430-W250-T servo: