Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel 2-Axis Actuator 2XL430-W250-T
Including €0.02 for ecotax
The Dynamixel 2XL430-W250-T servo motor can control two axes, for robotics creations with more complex joints. It is compatible with the XL430, XM430 and XH430 models.
2-axis Dynamixel servo: 2 axes, 2 addresses
The Dynamixel 2XL430-W250-T actuator is a 2-axis Robotis Dynamixel servo, giving 2 degrees of freedom. Each axis is assigned a specific address, allowing you to use your servo motor in numerous ways. But there is a single baud rate.
The 2XL430-W250-T model offers the same features as the Dynamixel XL servos. It has a large variety of control modes and a broad feedback range. You can determine speed, torque, voltage and trajectories from a control table, ensuring ultra-precise control of your creations.
This 100% programmable 2-axis actuator is created from quality materials, to improve heat dissipation and ensure a robust, long-lasting device. Its design allows it to be used in various assembly configurations, while limiting cable wear.
Communication and compatibility
The Dynamixel 2XL430-W250-T servo has a TTL connection. It comes with an 18 cm X3P robot cable for connecting your servo to its controller. Please note that the connector on the Dynamixel X servos has changed. These models now have a gold-plated JST connector for more stable and reliable communication. If you want to connect your servo to a controller compatible with the previous series, you will therefore need to get your hands on a Molex-JST cable.
The Robotis 2XL430-W250-T servo is compatible with:
- OpenCM9.04 485 (expansion board), OpenCR1.0 and CM-550 controllers
- all XL430, XM430 and XH430 servos
- the U2D2 communication converter
Idler Set(HN11-I101 Set) for assembling hinge frames are not included.
Technical specifications of the 2XL430-W250-T servo
- Cortex M3 microcontroller (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Input voltage: 6.5~12V (recommended: 11.1V)
- Voltage rating: 11.1V
- Starting torque: 1.4 Nm
- Starting current: 1.3A
- No-load speed: 57 rpm
- No-load current: 0.05A
- Resolution: 0.0879°/step; 4.096 steps; 360°
- Position sensor: absolute contactless encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Operating temperature: -5 to 72°C
- Cored motor
- Baud rate: 9600–4,500,000 bps
- PID control algorithm
- Gear type: spur
- Gear material: power-metallurgy
- Case material: engineering plastic
- Dimensions: 36 x 46.5 x 36 mm
- Weight: 98.20 g
- Reduction ratio: 257:1
- Control signal: digital packets
- Protocol type: half-duplex asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- Connection: TTL level multi-drop bus
- IDs: 0-253
- Feedback: position, velocity, loading, real-time tick, trajectory, temperature, input voltage, etc.
- Protocol version: 2.0 (default)
- Operating angle/mode:
- Velocity control mode: endless turn
- Position control mode: 360°
- Extended position control mode: +/- 256 revolutions
- PWM control mode: endless turn
- Standby current: 46 mA
Resources for the 2XL430-W250-T Robotis servo
We’ve listed below all the Dynamixel resources you’ll need to gain absolute control over your 2XL430-W250-T servo:
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.