Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
TeraRanger One B Frame
Welcome to TeraRanger, the family of ToF light-as-a-feather and fast-as-lightning distance sensors all set to revolutionise your mobile robot’s autonomous navigation system. Here we present the TeraRanger One B Frame, the twin brother of the TeraRanger One A Spider… give or take a few minor details!
TeraRanger One B Frame: the Terabee distance sensor that loves to be forgotten
The start-up Terabee has developed a new range of small and extremely efficient distance sensors in collaboration with CERN, incorporating time-of-flight technology and offering no end of advantages:
- Both tiny and lightweight, they can be integrated into all on-board navigation systems on both mobile robots and drones without affecting their performance;
- They offer a resolution and precision by far superior to those of an equivalent ultrasonic sensor;
- You can choose between two communication interfaces (UART or TWI) and they are USB compatible (adapter sold separately);
- They are also ROS compatible and can be connected to 3D mapping software (SLAM).
TeraRanger One by Terabee: the B-side
Terabee offers two main TeraRanger One ToF distance sensor models: model A and model B. Model B, shown here, offers more precise readings of obstacles in daylight, while model A performs better indoors.
It’s worth noting that both sensors (A and B) can operate simultaneously. As for the Frame design, it’s very similar to that of the model A Spider. A fine yellow plastic frame has simply been added to distinguish it from the TeraRanger One A Spider.
Learn more about the TeraRanger One sensors
Technical specifications of the Terabee ToF distance sensor
- ToF distance sensor
- Range: 20 cm to more than 14 m indoors (at least 5 or 6 m in sunlight)
- Update rate: 1000 Hz in fast mode (up to 600 Hz in precision mode)
- Resolution: 0.5 cm
- Accuracy: up to +/-4 cm in precision mode, 5 to 10 cm in fast mode
- Field of view: 3°
- Supply voltage: 12 Vdc recommended, 10–20 Vdc accepted
- Supply current: 50 mA average (110 mA peak @ 12V)
- Dimensions: 32 x 29 x 18 mm
- Weight: 8 g (Frame design)
- Interface 1: UART, +5V, up to 115200,8,N,1 (factory default when shipped)
- Interface 2: TWI (I2C compatible), +5V
- Connector: 15 pin DF13 (open-ended cable provided)
Resources for the TeraRanger One B Frame ToF sensor
The TeraRanger One B Frame sensor comes with everything you need, as you’ll see:
- Supply voltage
- 12 Vdc
- Scanning frequency
- 100-1800 Hz
- Aperture angle
- Scanning range
- 10-19 m
- Laser beams