TeraRanger One A Box
Including €0.02 for ecotax
TeraRanger One A Box ToF distance sensor: yes you can have your cake and eat it too
If you’re not yet familiar with ToF technology, bear with us: a ToF distance sensor emits a flash of light with a photodiode and calculates the time needed for this flash to reach a target object then return to the sensor. The sensor/target distance is calculated automatically based on the time of flight.
This type of distance sensor offers numerous advantages over other sensor technologies, for example it’s much faster than an ultrasonic sensor and much smaller and lighter than a laser sensor. It also offers a value for money making it perfect for both industrial use and use in research, teaching and by enthusiasts.
Learn more about the TeraRanger One sensors
The TeraRanger One A Box distance sensor is particularly well-suited to indoor use. ROS compatible, it comes pre-calibrated and can be fitted with various accessories allowing you to instantly connect it to your computer or to your robot’s controllers, among other things.
TeraRanger One sensor: for your mobile robot or drone
The TeraRanger One is available in different models. The Spider design is particularly light (8 g), the Box design (10 g) offers better protection. It’s also an ideal distance sensor for use in on-board navigation systems, on a mobile robot or drone.
And we’ll leave you with this added bonus: your ToF sensor can be connected to 3D mapping software (SLAM) to reconstruct the sensor’s environment in 3D and in real time.
Technical specifications of the TeraRanger One A Box
- ToF distance sensor
- Range: 20 cm to more than 14 m indoors (at least 5 or 6 m in sunlight)
- Update rate: 1000 Hz in fast mode (up to 600 Hz in precision mode)
- Resolution: 0.5 cm
- Accuracy: up to +/-4 cm in precision mode, 5 to 10 cm in fast mode
- Field of view: 3°
- Supply voltage: 12 Vdc recommended, 10–20 Vdc accepted
- Supply current: 50 mA average (110 mA peak @ 12V)
- Dimensions: 32 x 29 x 18 mm
- Weight: 10 g (Box design)
- Interface 1: UART, +5V, up to 115200,8,N,1 (factory default when shipped)
- Interface 2: TWI (I2C compatible), +5V
- Connector: 15 pin DF13 (open-ended cable provided)
Resources for the TeraRanger One
You’re bound to find this information on the TeraRanger One useful at one time or another, so make sure you keep it to hand.
- Supply voltage
- 12 Vdc
- Scanning frequency
- 100-1800 Hz
- Aperture angle
- Scanning range
- 10-19 m
- Laser beams