Programmable Humanoid NAO Evolution robot Software suite
Programmable humanoid NAO Evolution Robot Software suite
The humanoid programmable NAO Evolution robot has a multiplatform environment and offers powerful programming capacities with low and high level API's, allowing users to create elaborate behaviours by using its features.
Developpers can use Choregraphe, an intuitive programming graphical interface, suitable from beginners to experts. You can easily "drag-and-drop" pre-programmed behaviour boxes and create whole behaviour sequences. You can also write your own behaviour in the powerful, fast and popular open-source language Python to save it in your library. The 3D simulator "Webots for NAO" is linked with Choregraphe to let users test programmable humanoid NAO Evolution Robot in a virtual environment. Users can edit their environment, insert and edit objects before sending commands to programmable humanoid NAO Evolution Robot.
Choregraphe, an intuitive programming graphical interface for programmable humanoid NAO Evolution Robot
Choregraphe allows thousand users, beginners and experts, to learn how to develop with simple "drag-and-drop" boxes and links. This programming graphical interface help you to focus on your end results rather than learn how to use your software.
Get started faster with 80 boxes and behaviours for programmable humanoid NAO Evolution robot.
Choregraphe key features
- Motions: animations, walk, sit, stand up...
- Audio: localisation, text to speech, recognition...
- Object: face detection, face recognition, vision recognition...
- Communication: email, infrared, LEDs...
- Control:for, if, multiply, wait...
Robot remote control
- Behavior manager: wirelessly launch and load behaviour
- Video monitor: live video access to your robot camera in local network
- Robot view: 3D rendering and control of your robot
Access to all sensors and motors
- Through programming in Choregraphe
- Through monitor provided with Choregraphe
Graphical user interface
- User friendly interface: drag and drop boxes, live visual follow up of robot...
- Integrated tools: robot view, debug window, script editor...
Timeline editor for animations
- Worksheet mode: motion keyframe editor of joint position represented by rectangles
- Curve mode: motion keyframe editor of joints represented by curves
- Timeline box: simultaneous or time scheduled programming with motions and behaviours layers
- Flow diagram box: sequential, parallel or event based programming with linked boxes
- Script box: box coding in Python
- Automatical extraction from C++ or Python code from recorded moves.
The following video gives you an overview of Choregraphe.
Webots for NAO, a programmable humanoid NAO Evolution Robot 3D simulator
Webots for NAO enables you to test NAO in a virtual environment and validate programs. What a better set up than a realistic physics wold to test your NAO program? Webots for NAO gives you more than 50 objects editable by controlling mass & inertia, manage the dynamic (speed and weight) and collisions. You can also check warnings and bugs from the console or get sensors data from Robot view. You can fine tune the rendering of your simulation such as following a specific object and record it.
Webots for NAO key features
- Camera 1 & camera 2
- Articular position
- Inertial unit
- Force Sensitive Resistors (FSR)
- Tactil touch
- Chest button
- Infrared emitter/receiver
- Weightiness (mass & inertia of NAO and environment)
- Collision: between NAOs & environment
- Simple object addition (More than 50 objects available)
- Move an object with mouse
- Textures (e.g. paintings)
- Scene camera tethering (follow NAO or any objects)
- English - Spanish - Chinese -
French - Japanese - German
- 2 worlds available (empty & apartment)
- World editable: edit & save the world
- Objects editable (some parameters)
- Friction of NAO's material (user-modifiable)
Software Development Kit for programmable humanoid NAO Evolution robot
The SDK for programmable humanoid NAO Evolution robot allows you to embed modules into your robot and use them to create elaborated behaviours. Whatever your favourite platform and language, you will have all the compilation and debugging tools you need for your programmable humanoid NAO Evolution robot.
- NAOqi SDK: You can create many behaviours in many languages (C++, Python, Java, .Net...) with classes and methods easy to use. It includes API's for main features such as motion, vision...
- qiBuild: Configure and cross-compile C++ easily with Aldebaran's cross-platform build tools. You don't have to change your development environment as it works with the most popular development environment.
- Documentation: Get up-to-date documentation on programmable humanoid NAO Evolution robot, software, programming and references.
- Code samples: Get started quickly with samples covering NAO's main features (motion, vision, audio...)
Requirements for SDK
|Operating system||Windows 7/XP SP3, Mac OS Lion/Mountain Lion and Linux Ubuntu - Lucid to Precise|
|System||1.5 GHz CPU/ 512 MB RAM/
200 MB free disk space/
certified OpenGL graphics card
|Network||WiFi access point|
|Languages||Version||Compileur and IDE||Tools|
|C++||Standard||For WINDOWS: Visual Studio 2008/2010
For MAC: Xcode,
For LINUX: gcc 4.4+,
Python 2.6 pour Snow Leopard/Lucid-Maverick
Python 2.7 pour OS X Lion/Natty and +
Last SDK Java
SDK Java 1.6.0-22+
.Net 4 or .Net 2
Visual Studio 2010 (For .Net4)
Visual Studio 2005/2008 (For .Net2)
|URBI||URBI SDK 2.0+||For WINDOWS:
vcxx2005 or vcxx2008
For MAC/LINUX: gcc4
|Autoconf 2.63+, Automake 1.11.1+ bc, Boost 1.38+,
Cvs Flex 2.5.35+, G++ 4.0+, Git 1.6+
Gettext 1.17, GNU sha1sum Help2man, PDFLaTeX,
Python, socat, Texinfo, Transfi g,yaml for Python
Resources for the programmable humanoid NAO Evolution robot
Want to try Choregraphe? Download a free trial version from the link below (registration needed):