LinkIt ONE development board
Seeed Studio and MediaTek have teamed together to produce a little gem: the LinkIt ONE board. Compatible with both Arduino and Grove and equipped with GSM, GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth BR/EDR/BLE, GPS and audio functions, we highly recommend it for all your IoT and wearables projects.
Presentation of the LinkIt ONE development board by Seeed Studio and MediaTek
Say hello to the LinkIt ONE development board, a platform designed by Seeed Studio and MediaTek that makes effective use of these companies’ know-how in open hardware, the Internet of Things (IoT) and wearables.
The LinkIt ONE platform is designed for prototyping and testing, and was developed specifically for applications involving the Internet of Things (IoT) and wearables. LinkIt ONE can be used for a wide variety of projects, including to analyse your driving skills, optimise waste collection and recycling in your neighbourhood and find your parked car!
The LinkIt ONE board was created not only for makers but also for teaching programming and electronics in engineering schools and in technology classes at school. There are also two add-on kits, each comprising various basic elements allowing you to quickly and easily set up electronics projects and assemble circuits:
- The Grove Starter Kit for LinkIt ONE includes the most popular Grove modules for IoT (Internet of Things) projects and will allow you to rapidly bring your ideas to life
- The SideKick Basic Kit for LinkIt ONE, which includes numerous basic electronics components (breadboard, jumper wires, resistors, LEDs, switches, etc.), will help you quickly familiarise yourself with your new LinkIt ONE board
Full presentation of the LinkIt ONE board (video)
The LinkIt ONE platform is a powerful, multi-purpose development board. It's equipped with the MT2502A SoC processor, considered one of the best for wearable technologies. It includes GSM, GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth BR/EDR/BLE, GPS and audio, making it a very complete and versatile solution!
It has a microSD slot and a port for an SIM card (cards not included). LinkIt ONE is also compatible with the Arduino development environment, and has a similar pinout meaning it can be connected to a large number of Arduino shields, sensors and peripherals.
The LinkIt ONE is also compatible with the Grove system; however note that some Grove modules are not compatible with this board. Here is a list of the Grove sensors compatible with the LinkIt ONE board.
Programming the LinkIt ONE board
To start coding with your LinkIt ONE board, simply follow these steps:
- Install the latest Windows or MAC OS version of the Arduino software (Arduino IDE)
- Register on MediaTek Labs
- Download the LinkIt developer's guide
- Install the LinkIt SDK for Arduino
- Check the LinkIt ONE board firmware is up to date
- Open the Arduino software, go to "Tools", choose "Boards" and select "LinkIt ONE". You're now ready to code and begin your DIY project!
Technical specifications of the LinkIt ONE board
- Microprocessor: MT2502A ARM7 EJ-S
- Clock speed: 260 MHz
- Dimensions: 87 x 54 x 13 mm
- Flash memory: 16 MB
- RAM: 4 MB
- Current per I/O: 1 mA
- 3 analogue input pins
- 2 Grove-type connectors
- Digital I/Os: 3.3V
- Analogue I/Os: 5V
- SPI, I2C and serial bus
- SIM card and microSD card ports (32 GB max.)
- GPS: MT3332 module
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- GPRS: class 12
- WiFi: MT5931 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth: BR/EDR/BLE
- Audio I/O (3.5 mm jack)
- 3.7V Li-ion battery included
- GPS, GSM and WiFi/Bluetooth antennae included
Resources for the LinkIt ONE board
There are lots of resources to help you set up your LinkIt ONE projects. Below are some links and guides that will help you get rapidly up and running.