Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
SMART mobile robot (indoor)
The agile, perceptive and highly observant SMART robot is an intelligent mobile platform and an expert in navigating hostile environments. It avoids all obstacles while mapping its environment in real time.
A mobile platform with a talent for slalom
The SMART mobile robot takes development of simultaneous mapping and localisation applications one step further. Its advanced navigation module allows it to move in all kinds of environments, even if there are lots of obstacles:
- The SMART platform is equipped with a navigation module with IMU (gyroscope and accelerometer), obstacle sensors and fall prevention sensors
- Two YDLIDAR G4 laser range finders complete the picture: 360° rotating base, 16 m range and a scanning rate of 9,000 scans per second.
The robot has 6 wheels with independent suspensions making it particularly manoeuvrable. Plus it has a load capacity of up to 70 kg, which isn’t bad considering the SMART robot weighs only 40 kg.
Its creators have equipped it with a lithium battery, allowing it to operate for 10 hours without a break. It also comes with a charging stand, with automatic docking.
SMART: an ROS robot and SLAM pro
SMART is a mobile robot capable of adapting to different types of terrain while conducting SLAM operations. For this, it comes with an already configured complete SLAM ROS that you can access from your Linux system. And there’s obviously an open-source SLAM algorithm that you can use, develop and share!
There are a wealth of materials and tutorials for making the very most of all of the features of your mobile recognition and mapping robot.
Technical specifications of the SMART robot
- 1 SMART mobile platform
- 1 automatic recharging stand
- Universal wheel: 76.2 mm
- Autonomy: 10 h
- Drive wheel: 165.1 mm (rubber)
- Best load weight: 30 kg
- Max load weight: 70 kg
- Max. operating speed: 1 m/s
- Maximum obstacle height: 20 mm
- Maximum obstacle width: 40 mm
- Maximum climbing angle: 10°
- Mapping resolution: 5 cm
- Maximum number of squares mapped: 5000
- 2 YDLIDAR G4 lidar range finders
- 5 ultrasonic obstacle avoidance sensor modules
- 4 infrared fall prevention sensor modules
- IMU module: MEMS gyroscope, 3-axis accelerometer and signal processing circuit
- Lithium battery
- Capacity 30 Ah/24V
- Charging time: 4 h 30
- Charging voltage: 29.4V
- Charging current: 10A
- Protection against overcurrent, total discharge, short circuits
- Standby power consumption: <25W
- No load life time: 10 h
- Direct and automatic recharging with charging stand
- 250W DC brushless motor (encoder resolution: 4096)
- Charging temperature: 0-45 °C
- Discharge temperature: -10-60 °C
- Working humidity: 30 to 70%
- Voltage: 24V, 12V
- HW interface: LAN, USB
- SW interface: SDK
- Weight: 40 kg
- Dimensions: 525 x 525 x 268 mm