Dynamixel XW430-T333-R waterproof servomotor
Ready to launch your own amphibious vehicle? Dynamixel has released a series of waterproof servo motors, including the XW430-T333-R, for roboticists impressed by 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
IP68-rated Dynamixel actuator
One of the highest protection classes!
- The number 6 reflects its resistance to solids, such as dust, 6 being the maximum degree of protection
- The 2nd number reflects the watertightness of the device, and can’t exceed a maximum of 9
So what does an IP rating of 68 actually mean? Your Dynamixel XW430-T333-R servo can be immersed in water up to 1 metre deep... and remain there for a full 24 hours!
Dynamixel XW430-T333-R: one of the family
For those of you who know and appreciate the exclusive features of the Dynamixel servo motors, this model gives you full control of your robot with different operating modes. You also get the same comprehensive feedback, so you can keep an eye on every parameter: speed, velocity, temperature, trajectory, etc.
Technical specifications of the XW430-T333-R servo motor
- MCU: ARM Cortex-M3 (72 MHz, 32 bits)
- Position sensor: contactless absolute encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Motor: coreless (Maxon)
- Baud rate: 9,600 bps~4.5 Mbps
- Control algorithm: PID
- Resolution: 4096 pulses/rev
- Backlash: 15 arcmin (0.25°)
- Operating modes: current control, velocity control, position control, extended position control (multi-turn), current-based position control, PWM control (voltage control)
- Gear ratio: 332.8:1
- Input voltage: 10~14.8 V (12 V recommended)
- Stall torque:
- 2.9 Nm @ 11.1 V, 1.2 A
- 3.1 Nm @ 12 V, 1.3 A
- 3.6 Nm @ 14.8 V, 1.5 A
- No-load speed:
- 29 rpm @ 11.1 V
- 31 rpm @ 12 V
- 39 rpm @ 14.8 V
- Radial load: 40 [N] (10 [mm] away from the horn)
- Axial load: 20 N
- Operating temperature: -5 to 80 °C
- Ingress protection: IP 68 (1 m, 24 h)
- Command signal: digital packet
- Physical connection: RS485 multidrop bus, RS485 asynchronous serial communication (8 bits, 1 stop, no parity)
- ID: 253 ID (0~252)
- Feedback: position, velocity, current, real-time tick, trajectory, temperature, input voltage, etc.
- Materials: metal case and gears
- Standby current: 40 mA
- Dimensions: 28.5 × 46.5 × 34 mm
- Weight: 96 g
Resources for the XW430-T333-R servo
Find the right information for your Dynamixel XW430-T333-R servo among this list of links, compiled especially for you:
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 10 - 14.8 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- 3 - 4.9
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- 1 - 1.4 A
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 30 - 39
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.