- or -
Get a quote in only 3 steps!
1. Add the items you are interested in to your cart
2.Go to your cart
3.Click on GENERATE A QUOTE
Your quotations are available online on your customer account.
Dynamixel XW540-T260-R Waterproof Servo Motor
All the performance of the X series servo motor in an IP68 protection structure.
No, the Dynamixel XW540-T260-R servo motor is not 100 % waterproof. But its waterproof design allows it to achieve the quite respectable score of 68 in the international protection standard:
- The number "6" indicates that this Dynamixel servo offers maximum resistance against dust;
- The "8" evaluates its level of resistance against water. As a reminder, the maximum score for this parameter is 9.
Concretely? This Dynamixel X series servo-motor can remain underwater for up to 30 minutes to a depht between 1 and 3 meters. Enough to launch some underwater explorations with the right equipment: rustproof chassis and sealed sensors.
For the rest, this XW540-T260-R model remains worthy of the equivalent series servo motors from Robotis.
100% programmable Dynamixel servo for control freaks
As a reminder, the X-Series Dynamixel servo motors are part of the latest generation of servos developed by Robotis. High definition servo motors, offering multiple operating modes such as PWM control and ultra-complete feedback on the machine's operating parameters.
The very careful design of this metal servo motor with RS485 connection and its performance in terms of transmission speed, resolution or programming make it a first class waterproof servo. One of the must-haves for advanced robotic design enthusiasts.
Technical specifications of the XW540-T260-R Waterproof Servo Motor
- MCU: ARM CORTEX-M3 (72 [MHz], 32Bit)
- Position Sensor: Contactless absolute encoder (12 bits, 360°)
- Motor: Coreless (Maxon)
- Baud Rate: 9600 bps to 4.5 Mbps
- Control Algorithm: PID control
- Resolution: 4096 [pulse/rev]
- Backlash: 15 arcmin (0.25°)
- Operating Modes: Current Control Mode, Velocity Control Mode, Position Control Mode (0 ~ 360 [°]), Extended Position Control Mode (Multi-turn), Current-based Position Control Mode, PWM Control Mode (Voltage Control Mode)
- Weight: 185 g
- Dimensions: 33,5 x 58,5 x 45,9 mm
- Gear Ratio: 260,6:1
- Stall Torque: 9,5 N.m @ 12 V, 4,9 A
- No Load Speed: 40 rev/min @ 12 V
- Radial Load: 40 N
- Axial Load: 20 N
- Operating Temperature: -5 to 80°C
- Ingress Protection rating: IP 68
- Input Voltage: 10.0 ~ 14.8 [V] (Recommended : 12.0 [V])
- Command Signal: Digital Packet
- Protocole Type: RS485 Asynchronous Serial Communication (8bit, 1stop, No Parity)
- Physical Connection: RS485 Multidrop Bus
- ID: 253 ID (0 ~ 252)
- Feedback: Position, Velocity, Current, Realtime tick, Trajectory, Temperature, Input Voltage, etc
- Part Material: Full Metal Gear / Full Metal Case
- Standby Current: 40 mA
Resources for the Robotis Dynamixel XW540-T260-R Waterproof Servo Motor
Take advantage of these many free online resources to learn all about your Dynamixel XW540-T260-R servo motor.
- Online Manual (en)
- Schematics (en)
- Compatibility Guide (en)
- Selection Guide (en)
- Dynamixel SDK (en)
- Tension de fonctionnement [V]
- 10 - 14.8 V
- Couple de décrochage [N-m]
- Courant de décrochage [A]
- Vitesse à vide [rpm]
- 40 - 49
- Protocole de communication
Check that your Dynamixel servomotor is correctly configured. Do not hesitate to re-flash it with the ROBOTIS Software Roboplus. After re-flash remember to re-configure it. If the issue is not solved, contact us for an advanced support.
The motor is probably not well mounted. Check that you correctly mounted the horns by respecting the mark.
There is probably a mechanical issue with the Dynamixel servomotor. You can directly contact us to get more advance support.
Check your power supply and the system cabling (try with a different servomotor). You can also reset the servo. If nothing works, the best solution is to go through the Dynamixel servomotor checklist!
The 1.0 protocol is dedicated to the Dynamixel AX and MX series. Protocol 2.0 is for the X and Dynamixel Pro series. Protocol 2.0 control tables include PID controls which allow for more precise adjustment of the servo motor movements. Protocol 2.0 can be updated on MX series servo motors. You can refer to the protocol 1.0 and protocol 2.0 pages for more informations.